• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Jack's 300 gallon system

First off i'm very jealous of the sump... And also.... How big of an instruction manual comes with all that lighting stuff ???

I will know in 3 weeks. it doesnt seem too complicated from the pics.

Sump? Not ideal for Zeo system since one compartment is not used at all, but I can fit anything there. And I got a good deal from TwinReef on here so I cant complain.

Nickjr000 said:
First off i'm very jealous of the sump... And also.... How big of an instruction manual comes with all that lighting stuff ???

Thanks Bax - I will be playing with Profilux dosing unit this weekend. I bought Ca, Alk, and Mg from TB Aquatics and with some corals coming on Monday I need to figure out the dosing unit. I bought used one and it looks like PH probe needs to be replaced. oh well, still saved like $200 on the entire deal.

Baxreefs said:
Rafal

Looks great so far! That light is very cool!

When I saw the way you aquascaped the live rock I was in Awe, i never thought of doing it that way, I'm going to setup my first 29g reef and I think I'm going to follow your footsteps.. Amazing setup bro!

well, I hate impulse buying opportunities, but... goldflake angel and pair of flame wrasse - doesnt happen too often. they are in QT right now, but in 4 weeks they will come home.

also got some first corals. the dip process was simple: 30 minutes in interceptor, 30 mintues in flatworm exit, 30 minutes in revive.

IMG_0091-1.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

also bought a nice colony of loripes from Absolutely Fish today. pics to follow.

[edited] Stop by when you will be visiting Absolutely Fish on the weekend. I dont have any frags at the present time, trying to set up the display tank first. I am closing on my first zeo rock exchange and once I get closer to second plus the new lights. edited :)

Anthonyjiz said:
You're not selling any frags.. are you? haha

Edited by Phyl. Please abide by the forum rules.

Well I highly doubt I'll be around this weekend, most likely next because it's on my planner (haha!), I've been dieing to come see your tank and learn a lot from ya.. My tank still has the freshwater fish, so yeah definitely in a month or so whenever I'm actually set-up then we can definitely have a little "friendly business" lol!

Edited for language

lights are coming around Nov 15th. One of the cool features they added in the new software that you can simulate sun/moon movment from right to left if you have two modules. I cant wait to see that. I ordered 2 120w for the display tank, but I may get one more.

gogol said:
Rafal,

Let me know when the lights come in. Would like to see them in action.

well, the plan for the weekend was simple = finally move some corals to the display tank. I bought aquamend at HD and was eager to do it. let me tell you - what a pain in.... it was. why? 1) impossible to do it without taking almost swim lessons, 2) skimmer went nuts for 24hrs. but I learned the lesson - get the rocks closer to front glass and than move them back. that's the only way to do it.

yellow tang from dr. Jim:

IMG_0122.jpg

and yes, I have no idea how to take pics of moving objects :)

Rafal Your new set up is beautiful!
What a big upgrade for your old system!
Can't wait to see it with your new lights!
I will have to stop over and check them out in person when you have them set up!
Good Luck with your system!

john90009

NJRC Member
very nice- cant wait to see a fts and see with those leds on it- have you ever had any bad experiences with your dipping of corals? 1. how long you are dipping with the revive? Also have you ever seen anything come off the coral from the dip for example red bugs or flat worms? I need to find an easy way to qt my corals so i can make sure i dont add redbugs and flat worms but now have the coral in qt for along time- i dont have extra lights to set up a stable tank that can run for months- i was just gonna use 12 gallons from a water change put it in a 20 gallon tank and have the corals in there with interceptor for a few hours and a few minutes in revive for flat worms.

Is there more that we can't see in the pictures? It does not look like there are any hiding spaces for the fish.

coral dipping - 1. 30 minutes interceptor, 2. 30 minutes flatworm exit, 3. 30 minutes coral revive. I have 10g tank, just add powerhead and let it go for total 90 minutes - the idea taken from mhaven.

I try to get corals from people I know take care of their tanks and/or vendorsa. I have lost 2-3 corals in first 24-48hrs after the dip.

2 more weeks for the ligths.

john90009 said:
very nice- cant wait to see a fts and see with those leds on it- have you ever had any bad experiences with your dipping of corals? 1. how long you are dipping with the revive? Also have you ever seen anything come off the coral from the dip for example red bugs or flat worms? I need to find an easy way to qt my corals so i can make sure i dont add redbugs and flat worms but now have the coral in qt for along time- i dont have extra lights to set up a stable tank that can run for months- i was just gonna use 12 gallons from a water change put it in a 20 gallon tank and have the corals in there with interceptor for a few hours and a few minutes in revive for flat worms.

nothing more. 3 large towers. I may even consider taking one out and leaving only 2. not sure what to say about hiding spaces - kind of never thought about it.

Rbu1 said:
Is there more that we can't see in the pictures? It does not look like there are any hiding spaces for the fish.