• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

January 2012 Meeting

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Frags

I will be bringing a frag or two to donate to the raffle. Probably 1 almost 4 inch piece of orange digitata with multiple branches starting and something else that I haven't decided yet.

I will also be bringing some water containers that Dave from Allquatics gave me permission to give away to member at the meeting. They hold just under 2 gallons and could be used to store emergency water or used for dosing which I do. I have 12 of them.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I will also be bringing some water containers that Dave from Allquatics gave me permission to give away to member at the meeting. They hold just under 2 gallons and could be used to store emergency water or used for dosing which I do. I have 12 of them.

Are these containers the ones we loaded into your truck after the swap?

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
They are nice little water jugs. I'm not sure if I am going to make the meeting, but if I don't make it, could you send one up with someone?

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Trying pic of jug from phone
Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1326592844018.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1326592844018.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 24

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'll be donating a few frags to the raffle as well:

I'll have a branching hammer frag... probably 3-4 heads or so. I plan to cut it the day of the meeting so I won't know exact size until then.

I'll also have a lime-green acro frag around 4" long with several branches coming out of it (will be loose). I also have a plug with 3 1-inch long branches glued to it, I'll throw that in as well.

I also plan on cutting I nice big piece off of my finger leather. It's getting huge! The frag will be about 8" long with a 2" x 3" base. I'll be cutting this the day of the meeting also.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Do you have to be a paid member to attend a meeting? I'm thinking about coming to one but I want to make sure first. Also if I go to one do I need to bring anything (a frag, food, money, etc) ?

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Do you have to be a paid member to attend a meeting? I'm thinking about coming to one but I want to make sure first. Also if I go to one do I need to bring anything (a frag, food, money, etc) ?
Our meetings are open to the public, you do not need to be a paid member to attend. Being that our meetings are held at a voluntary hosts house most attendees bring something to help feed everybody who comes. Some bring main dishes, picky foods, desserts, and beverages. It is your choice, not mandatory, but a courtesy. You can bring frags to Donate, trade or sell and we always have a frag raffle so bringing money is a plus!

Looking forward to seeing you there

you don't have to be a paid member to attend however, if you like, i take cash in form of $20 up :) j/k

HerbieK

NJRC Honorary Member
NJRC Member
Anybody going to the meeting have any extra MgCl (Magnesium Chloride) that I could buy? I am running a little low in the Mg at around 1200 and want to get it up to the 1350 range. I could use a couple of pounds if anyone has any leftover from a big buy. I also have some bulk group buy carbon to trade.

PM me if you have any.

Thanks.

Herb

Our meetings are open to the public, you do not need to be a paid member to attend. Being that our meetings are held at a voluntary hosts house most attendees bring something to help feed everybody who comes. Some bring main dishes, picky foods, desserts, and beverages. It is your choice, not mandatory, but a courtesy. You can bring frags to Donate, trade or sell and we always have a frag raffle so bringing money is a plus!

Looking forward to seeing you there

I'm totally new to the forum myself, I've been wanting to become apart of this club for a while now. My wife and I are interesting in coming to one of the meetings.

Brad

howze01

NJRC Member
Wow, this looks like it's going to be a pretty big meeting! Love to see all the new faces! Guess I'm going to have to see what zoos and paly I can frag to add to the raffle.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm totally new to the forum myself, I've been wanting to become apart of this club for a while now. My wife and I are interesting in coming to one of the meetings.

Brad

You and the wife would be welcome too Brad. We always like seeing new people come to the meetings. I've met so many friendly/local reefers by attending meetings and it's always nice to meet a few new ones.

PS - Why is your frag tank more volume than your DT? :p

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Anybody going to the meeting have any extra MgCl (Magnesium Chloride) that I could buy? I am running a little low in the Mg at around 1200 and want to get it up to the 1350 range. I could use a couple of pounds if anyone has any leftover from a big buy. I also have some bulk group buy carbon to trade.

PM me if you have any.

Thanks.

Herb

Herbie, I just placed a big order with BRS that should be arriving today or tomorrow. I wish I'd known you needed it because I could have ordered it for you. :(

Brad

Hi Brad,

You and your wife would be very welcome. The address is posted on the home page. But, if you would like more information don't hesitate to contact me.

Jim