• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

January 2012 Meeting

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm totally new to the forum myself, I've been wanting to become apart of this club for a while now. My wife and I are interesting in coming to one of the meetings.

Brad
Brad

You and your wife are welcome to attend. Come out and meet the 'family' and get to know the people in the club. I know you won't be disappointed.

Bob

Man, I can't believe Im going to miss this one. Sounds like its going to be fun!

If its your first time going, make sure you get raffle tickets!!

Man I want to go but think I have to work both my jobs. I get done at Deptford mall at 3 so I can get there quick. But then I have to work 7 pm-7am at virtua hospital in Marlton. So unless we incorporate a nap(I can bring my Lil Nemo stuffed animal) :) time don't think I will make it.

Well got home and checked schedule and I don't have to work hospital job that night. But my wife does work so I just have to find a baby sitter for a couple hours. So I might be able to make it for at least the second half. Which would still be cool since i'm new and would loooooove to meet everyone.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
OK, Judging by the RSVP page, we will have enough beer to serve a pub..anything for the non-drinkers?...Is anyone actually bringing food?

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I was thinking the same thing Don. All I saw was beer, wine, pretzels, and finger munchies. You and I both said "some kind of food" but other then that it's going to be a bar scene at Jims! :p

Gonna talk to the wife today and figure out what we can bring as far as food. I was waiting to get an idea of how many people were coming to decide. I'll post back here by tomorrow.

PS - For anyone bringing food, count on at least 2 more people coming because Jim and his Fiancee will be there too (not signed up, but obvious).

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Any news on the central jersey car pool? Wheres the meet up location also how long would you guys be staying there? Thanks.
I'm planning on driving. We can meet at my house in Piscataway and go from there. It was yourself, Howez01, CJ, Dave and myself. I'm thinking we leave around 11:30 to get there between 12:30 and 1:00.

Bob

I will bring some spring roll that my wife and I made last weekend. I will fried it early in the morning and heading out the house around 8am. stop by couple fish stores.

Hey Olivier let me know if I can tag along with you. I can help carry the spring rolls! Trying to think of something I can bring.:confused:

I thinned out the tank and re-aquascaped over the last month and broke up some large corals. I'll donate a green frogspawn to the raffle. Also have some other frags for sale. Pardon the lousy pictures. They were taken with my phone. Pictures are of the mother colonies.

Green frogspawn with purple tips. This is originally from Malcolm (aka Mad Drama) and survived several days at 55 degrees after my tank broke a few years ago. (2 additional frags $10 each).

Blue-polyp millepora (fast grower, tables). 1 frag @ $10 and a fist-sized colony @ $25.

Blue-tip frogspawn. $10. 3 available

Purple acro. 1 large frag @ $15.

Uh oh looks like their are going to be some goddies at this meeting. Since I'm just starting my tank is bare. I guess I should make sure I have some cash on me lol.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'll donate a green frogspawn to the raffle.

Green frogspawn with purple tips. This is originally from Malcolm (aka Mad Drama) and survived several days at 55 degrees after my tank broke a few years ago. (2 additional frags $10 each).

WOW a Mad Drama Coral....That name is a blast from the past! Looking forward to the Donation. Thanks Dougc

Hey Olivier let me know if I can tag along with you. I can help carry the spring rolls! Trying to think of something I can bring.:confused:
I can not do any carpool with anyone because I leave my house early and might leave the meeting early as well. My time is vary because of parenting duty. if she needs me, I leave early or come late etc. sorry