• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Jgraz's Finally a Proper Tank 90 Upgrade

Nah you can probably start them closer to 35 white, 60 blue. You have a deeper tank and were running a what, 6 or 8 bulb t5? Either way you can go higher than that

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
+ 1 on the 40/60 ramping to 70/90 in two months would be my plan JMO take stock of a bunch of opinions and try what you see fit. Good luck
Just one thing and I'm sure you have heard this, if you have any chalice's put them under something they will get nuked for sure led's fry them.

Thanks X. I'll do just that.

Rob, all my chalice are currently in the shade as it is. They just never did well in the open under all that light. I only have a few but the ones I do are pretty nice ones so I'll be keeping an eye on them for sure. Slightest sign of anything "off" and into my sons tank they will go.

Yeah I'm shading mine currently, they seem to be doing well though. Both have grown a decent ammount since acquiring them, so they must like the light. Like you said just keep an eye on em and they should be fine

New addition

397CF1E0-783D-409F-8664-C6D06BC207C5-1973-000005F8BA9B509E_zps1119ed5c.jpg

A53F6078-A2A8-45CB-9A3C-7E3DF2CFB9A9-1973-000005F8C1E4290F_zps2295284f.jpg

I try and get some better pics later of the reef under the LEDs. Should be fun.

So far so good Mike. All the corals are responding well ATM. Fish seemed a little off on the first day. Not sure how to explain it though. They were out and about but for some reason a few were jumping and hitting the net over and over. Weird but once the lights went out that day it was over.

Thanks. Came right out too. No hiding, no picking by the other fish. The kole went over to let him know who's king but all is well.

Fastest fish death ever. Got it Saturday found it dead tonight. I hate when LFS's insist on keeping these fish at such a low salinity. This was at .017 when I got it home. Had a 4 hr acclimation. $50 down the tubes.

That sucks! I lost a few wrasses early on due to salinity differences. It seems a lot of shops run at lower salinities. Where did you get it from?

That sucks! I lost a few wrasses early on due to salinity differences. It seems a lot of shops run at lower salinities. Where did you get it from?

Fish factory. First time with a problem there. I know hidden reef runs really low too.

Sorry to hear that man. I know that stores like to keep low salinity for parasites and probably they are cheapskates like me and want to save on salt costs but that is a hard pill to swallow. After my clownfish tragedy nothing goes into my tank without getting qt'd first. Too much risk involved. Just my clowns alone will cost me a buck and a quarter to replace. So I now qt fish at the same parameters as the stores tanks and go from there. I might even treat the water as a preventative measure too. Still debating though. Once again, sorry for the loss. It was a good looking fish.