• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Juano's 75 Gallons "The Re-Build"

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's your secret, juan? that hammer looks happy and healthy!

Great job Juan! The tank looks fantastic!

Yes, I need to know too. I've started my tank months before you and yours has so much more growth!
Thanks a lot guys but there is no secret, I think it depends on the type of corals, I don't have any fancy corals on my tank which I would like to try and those hammers have been doing very good since I got them from you Michael.
As I've mentioned before all corals are doing way better after I started using the dosing pumps and by the way I dose the DIY Alk & Cal.

Here is a better pic.
uploadfromtaptalk1437049894707.jpg

Yes, I need to know too. I've started my tank months before you and yours has so much more growth!

The tank looks great Juan. Very nice.

I too have an Atmann on my SWC skimmer and had similar problems. What I did was put two or three plastic washers (I think teflon, from HD) on the shaft between the face plate and impeller head. I suspect the mesh was slightly protruding from the impeller and rubbing on the face plate. The washers hold the impeller head and mesh off the face plate and allow it to spin freely. I see if I can find my original post and if I do I'll add an edit here.

EDIT TO ADD: Found the original post and I used 3 #10 nylon washers that were purchased from HD between the impeller and face-plate.
Paul I spent over 2 hours last night trying to get the pump to work but not luck, it looks like I might need to replace it, thanks anyway.

My first skimmer was a swc, great skimmer, I hated the pump. After my 2nd time replacing it I gave up. Went to R Octopus, and now using Life reef which uses any pressure pump.

Well, my SCA 302 skimmer has been replaced by a Reef Octopus Super Reef XP1000sss since this morning.
Thanks again Michael.

Tank is 12 weeks old today and everything is doing very well, I'm trying to keep up with the weekly 10 to 15% water change.
Since I setup the tank the new additions are:
Trio Lyretail Anthias, Rainbow Bubble Tip and Rose Bubble Tip Anemones, pair of False Perculas Clownfish and a mini colony of Purple Bonsai, Sun Coral, Orange Acans.uploadfromtaptalk1438458451245.jpguploadfromtaptalk1438459272475.jpg
Right now I'm acclimating a pair of Black Mollies to see how they do in saltwater, Mollies remain me my childhood because I used to keep Mollies, Guppies and Sowrtails when I was a kid.
uploadfromtaptalk1438458255762.jpguploadfromtaptalk1438458306910.jpguploadfromtaptalk1438458322609.jpguploadfromtaptalk1438458349502.jpg
7896be1dee51d2c24ff8bbfc97227f7e.jpg

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Looks great Juan! Love the bubble tips too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.