• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Juano's 75 Gallons "The Re-Build"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks awesome.

Love the Glass-Holes!

Good Luck with the swap Juan

Good luck with the switch Juan looking good.
Nice drill job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks a lot guys, the old tank is removed and found salt build under it but thanks God no damage to the stand.
New tank is on the stand and the plumbing is done but had to stop the process due to my son's state cup soccer game in Clifton at 8:00 so I will resume with the switch later on.
uploadfromtaptalk1432682308271.jpg

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Looks like things are moving along nicely. Best of luck with the rest Juan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't had the time for an update, I have been very busy.......I was supposed to finish with the tank switch Tuesday after my son's soccer game but had a family emergency and I could not do it.

Long story short I finished last night around 1:15 am, went to work this morning and when I came back from work I found out most of my corals dead or dying......fishes are ok and eating but I've lost all my few SPS coral and some LPS....

I wondering why if I have done everything the way I was supposed to.
Here are some pics...
uploadfromtaptalk1432859194352.jpguploadfromtaptalk1432859226614.jpguploadfromtaptalk1432859253085.jpguploadfromtaptalk1432859282191.jpguploadfromtaptalk1432859306765.jpguploadfromtaptalk1432859326726.jpg

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Juan, I feel your pain. When we upgraded to the current tank in 2007, we were up until 2 AM, and went to bed. When we woke, the tank looked like someone dumped a couple gallons of milk into it, and the better part of the corals were dead....and more than half the fish. Our guess, having quite a few palys/zoas, was that they had a war with their toxin, and killed most of the life in the tank.

When the tank settles down, stop by and I'll give you what I got.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Juan, sorry to hear. Are you sure they're dead and not just closed up until they adapt? Regardless, I have little, but might be able to offer a few pieces/cuts/frags if you're in need.

Sorry to hear about the losses Juan. Hopefully everything settled soon and what you have will recover.

When everything is settled give me a shout and I'll give you some stuff for the rebound.

I like your rock work Juan. Sorry to hear about your coral
Thanks.
Juan, I feel your pain. When we upgraded to the current tank in 2007, we were up until 2 AM, and went to bed. When we woke, the tank looked like someone dumped a couple gallons of milk into it, and the better part of the corals were dead....and more than half the fish. Our guess, having quite a few palys/zoas, was that they had a war with their toxin, and killed most of the life in the tank.

When the tank settles down, stop by and I'll give you what I got.
Thanks a lot Paul, very generous as always.
Did you use all new water in the new tank? Maybe the alk was too different. What salt are you using?
I used 100% new water and made sure the parameters were close if not the same, I'm using Instant Ocean, and I acclimated them the way I was supposed to.
Juan, sorry to hear. Are you sure they're dead and not just closed up until they adapt? Regardless, I have little, but might be able to offer a few pieces/cuts/frags if you're in need.
Thanks Mack, some of them were close (LPS) but now they are open, the SPS are bleached out already.
Sorry to hear about the losses Juan. Hopefully everything settled soon and what you have will recover.

When everything is settled give me a shout and I'll give you some stuff for the rebound.
Thanks a lot John, I will.

SPS probably RTNd from the 100% change in water. Should have used the old water. Even though you came "close" to matching your alk and such it will still cause too much stress.

SPS probably RTNd from the 100% change in water. Should have used the old water. Even though you came "close" to matching your alk and such it will still cause too much stress.
Justin that might be what had happened but remember, this was the secon time I switched tanks and I did not had any lost the first time I did it.

Justin that might be what had happened but remember, this was the secon time I switched tanks and I did not had any lost the first time I did it.

First change could have shocked them, second could have finished them off. That's if they weren't given time to recover ya know. There's a million things that could have caused them to RTN. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.