• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Juano's 75 Gallons "The Re-Build"

Status
Not open for further replies.
First change could have shocked them, second could have finished them off. That's if they weren't given time to recover ya know. There's a million things that could have caused them to RTN. Just a thought.
The first switch was almost 7 monts ago and they were doing great cause I was doing water changes more frequently but how knows.....
I have a frag of Setosa and green with blue polyps cap for you Justin.

The first switch was almost 7 monts ago and they were doing great cause I was doing water changes more frequently but how knows.....
I have a frag of Setosa and green with blue polyps cap for you Justin.

Ohh didnt know it was 7 months ago!

No, way man keep them, i appreciate it but get your params stable and they will rebound. Dont want to take your last SPS lol.

Ohh didnt know it was 7 months ago!

No, way man keep them, i appreciate it but get your params stable and they will rebound. Dont want to take your last SPS lol.
I fragged the setosa before the switch, let's give them some time and you can come pick them up later on.

It's been a week already since I switched tanks, took all the dead corals out, all of the ones that didn't die are doing pretty good and the ones that I thought will continue dying I fragged them and they are coming back.

Water parameters are kind of stable, the fishes are doing good too. Last night I was sitting down watching Tanked the tv show and an idea came to my brain (which only works some time, lol.) and I ended up making this all-in-one holder, this will hold my pH probe, temperature probe, Alk and Cal dosing pumps hoses.
uploadfromtaptalk1433511822585.jpg
I will post a picture when I have it installed.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
NICE! Love the DIY stuff, but I'm not fully seeing how it's going to work. The pH probe can't be submerged and the alk and calc hoses ideally should be in the water as well. And the temperature probe, it depends on the kind you have. If you have the type that looks similar to a pH probe, the upper part of that can not be submerged. If you have a thermistor (a little bead on the end of a wire) the whole thing goes in. Here's what I did to hold my temperature probe down underwater....simply a scrape piece of 1/2" acrylic with a dado on the bottom and two angled holes in it.

NICE! Love the DIY stuff, but I'm not fully seeing how it's going to work. The pH probe can't be submerged and the alk and calc hoses ideally should be in the water as well. And the temperature probe, it depends on the kind you have. If you have the type that looks similar to a pH probe, the upper part of that can not be submerged. If you have a thermistor (a little bead on the end of a wire) the whole thing goes in. Here's what I did to hold my temperature probe down underwater....simply a scrape piece of 1/2" acrylic with a dado on the bottom and two angled holes in it.

Paul the holder looks longer in the picture than what it really is, it is only 4 1/2 inches.
I have a thermistor like the one that you have that is why the hole is exactly the same size as the hoses hole. The holder will be place where the baffle that divides the refugium and the return pump is, the pH probe will be only around 1 inch submerge in the water so when the return pump is off water won't get to much close to the top part of the probe.

Anyway I'll post a picture later on for you to have an idea.

Ok Paul, here are two pictures I've taken with my cellphone so you get the idea but it is not setup yet.
uploadfromtaptalk1433548208973.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1433548238417.jpg

Tank turned 3 weeks old today and it is doing very good, went through a small cycle but everything is doing very well.
I have to do one more water testing tonight and then I going to start running the BRS dosing pumps on the Reefkeeper Controller, here are some pics that I took yesterday with my cellphone.
uploadfromtaptalk1434548976006.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434549013070.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434549034619.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434549061695.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434549084481.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434549113078.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434549144959.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434549162945.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434549179433.jpg

Looks great! I see the hammer survived!! The original colony has been through some pretty rough times, so it's probably bullet proof at this point.

It's been almost a month since my last update, everything is doing well on the tank, corals are growing and doing very good after I started using the dosing pumps.
Now the pump on my skimmer started making like a grinding noise and it is not pushing enough water for the skimmer to work properly, it is a SCA-302 skimmer and the pump it came with is a PH-2000 same as Atman PH-2000, I tried different things to make the pump work but no luck.
Does anyone know if by just replacing the impeller will fix the problem?
Here is a pic of the tank I've took last night before the lights were off.
uploadfromtaptalk1436979961073.jpg

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The tank looks great Juan. Very nice.

I too have an Atmann on my SWC skimmer and had similar problems. What I did was put two or three plastic washers (I think teflon, from HD) on the shaft between the face plate and impeller head. I suspect the mesh was slightly protruding from the impeller and rubbing on the face plate. The washers hold the impeller head and mesh off the face plate and allow it to spin freely. I see if I can find my original post and if I do I'll add an edit here.

EDIT TO ADD: Found the original post and I used 3 #10 nylon washers that were purchased from HD between the impeller and face-plate.

The tank looks great Juan. Very nice.

I too have an Atmann on my SWC skimmer and had similar problems. What I did was put two or three plastic washers (I think teflon, from HD) on the shaft between the face plate and impeller head. I suspect the mesh was slightly protruding from the impeller and rubbing on the face plate. The washers hold the impeller head and mesh off the face plate and allow it to spin freely. I see if I can find my original post and if I do I'll add an edit here.

EDIT TO ADD: Found the original post and I used 3 #10 nylon washers that were purchased from HD between the impeller and face-plate.
Thanks a lot Paul, I'll try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.