• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

justchads 150g build

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Do you need brown or green zoo coloneys on big rocks. You can always give them away when you get other things. Free. ;D

thanks for the offer Mike! Thats nice of you but I have a 55g reef that I will be taking down and putting everything into the 150g, so I do have some already.. Thanks though. I also have some bad news... I have 400w MH's that I got for this tank originally but was then talked into 250's. I then got a set of 250w MH ballasts but after I got them and hooked them up (NO MARKINGS) I found out they were 175's.I got frustrated and since I am laid off(like so many others). I didnt want to spend more money on another set of ballasts so I hooked up the 400's....

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ouch. You can't return the 175's? If not, sell them off and get atleast 1 250.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Chad, I have a 250 magnetic ballast set up I could let go cheap. It is in a custom Stainless steel hood so you could either mount it as is or gut it out and mount in you canopy.

panmanmatt said:
Chad, I have a 250 magnetic ballast set up I could let go cheap. It is in a custom Stainless steel hood so you could either mount it as is or gut it out and mount in you canopy.

Thanks Matt, I just pm'd a guy on rc selling 250's we will see what happens.

FIRST WATER TEST BEFORE ADDING BIO-SPIRA

trate-----0
trite-----0
ph-------8.4
calcium--350
ammonia--0.25
alkalinity-12
magnesium-1140

not bad, calc needs to be up, but so far looking great buddy!!! i got some sweet zoas i just picked up from a great guy the other day i can sell ya! lol j/k great job chad!!

Thanks so much!
hey mark, how are the zoas?

Wendy, I am happy but Kim wont be happy till the house is back to normal, lol.. How are the fish getting along now?

Wow great job in such a short time...guess your girlfriend does good work huh? ;)
Like the white stand on the dark purple background really sets it off.

yo chad i know i did not get my hands to dirty with the little bit of help i gave u with your build but i think it looks fantastic p.s. or should i say kims tank build lol

2 BOTTLES OF BIO-SPIRA and dose for calcium feb. 27
trate 0
trite 0
calcium 450
ammonia 0
mag 1110-1140
alkalinity 12.8
ph 8.4

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
try to get the mag up to 1300+