• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Kschweers rebuild. 57g rimless

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Kevin,
Your tank looks amazining really like the app as well.
Any updates on how the dosing is going?
Thank you Dan! Still haven't finished the equipment cabinet so the dosing pump has been put on the back burner until it's finished. Hoping to get some more work done on it this weekend. Really need to get the dosing pumps up and running.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
I really love the mix of zoas on the rocks. Really nice placement. Did you buy those as colonies?
Thanks you! Everything in the tank except for the large milli on the sandbed was bought as a Frag.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Got some more work done on the equipment cabinet today. Not really sure if I'm happy with it yet but we will see. Still need to get/make some dosing containers and program the doser.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Keep the pictures coming Kevin. I'm about ready to finally start my equipment cabinet as well, and I need all the ideas I can find. Purchased the face frame wood this week, just need to find the time.

I like what you've done so far......with the exception of the dosing pumps so low. With my old knees, I'd have to get on my belly to see those. Anyway, I used cereal containers for my alk and calc.....from WalMart. What I like about these is the wide mouth they have. Makes refilling easy, with no spills. They come in various sizes...these are 1 gallon size for my 90 DT.

So what did you use to mount your controllers to the Vortechs....that velcro stuff they give you? I was thinking about making some sort of bracket.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Thanks Paul. The doser is easy to slide out so hopefully it works out ok. I like the idea for the dosing containers I'm definitely going to look into that. For the vortec controllers I am using Velcro for now. I would like something better though. Think I may bite the bullet and buy the new holders ecotech sells.

Accessories « EcoTech Marine Store
image.png

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I like that bracket.....but I'm compelled to step up onto the soapbox and complain. The old MP's...well the MP40's anyway......you could mount their controllers with four little screws. Simple and great design. They then came out with these ovoid control boxes and gave you a couple cheesey pieces of Velcro to mount this thing. You've just gone out and spent $250, $350 or $675, for one of the Cadillac of powerheads, and instead of including a 49 cent piece of plastic to mount it, they give you the Velcro. On top of that, they sell this 49 cent piece of plastic for $12. That's an insult. Their margins must be through the roof. I shall step off the soapbox now.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
I like that bracket.....but I'm compelled to step up onto the soapbox and complain. The old MP's...well the MP40's anyway......you could mount their controllers with four little screws. Simple and great design. They then came out with these ovoid control boxes and gave you a couple cheesey pieces of Velcro to mount this thing. You've just gone out and spent $250, $350 or $675, for one of the Cadillac of powerheads, and instead of including a 49 cent piece of plastic to mount it, they give you the Velcro. On top of that, they sell this 49 cent piece of plastic for $12. That's an insult. Their margins must be through the roof. I shall step off the soapbox now.
Preach on Paul! I feel the same way but at the end of the day will probably buy them. I have been meaning to order the upgraded QD drivers as well.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Dosing pumps have been up and running since Friday. I'm using the cal and alk bottles for now until I find or make something bigger. So far so good and everything seems to be staying stable. May need some minor adjustments, we will see. Diatoms continue to clear up.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg