• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Kschweers rebuild. 57g rimless

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
If it's diatom on the glass could it be PO4 issue? And the acro browning might be nutrient related as well. Nice setup. The polyps looking great. I notice you have them higher up in the tank instead of on the bottom.
The diatoms are on the sand bed. I took those Pictures right after a water change where I stirred the sand a bit. I thought it may be a nutrient issue as well but tested everything and it's all good. Po4= .01 no3= 5. I keep polyps just about everywhere in the tank. I think most people don't give them (certain ones) enough light. Most can handle and actually like a good amount of light.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Finally starting to see some colors come back into my acros! Most browned out pretty bad with the recent issues. Hopefully things keep improving.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Quick pictures from the other night. Things seem to be improving slowly but surely. Still can't get this sand bed to completely clear up.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
glad to hear your's is clearing up, i'm hoping mine does as well, i've got an algae outbreak, trying to beat it back now but it's a waiting game.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
A little spring cleaning on the tank. Cleaned out the sump, cleaned the powerheads, cleaned the skimmer and pump, cleaned the splash sheild on the light fixture and gave the glass a good cleaning along with a water change.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg