• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Kschweers rebuild. 57g rimless

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Those are some nice acros, will have to make a trip down there.
Thanks man! It's a pretty cool place they are setting up more frag tanks and a fish system as well. They had some more frags of the 2 I grabbed as well. Let me know when you're heading down its not too far from me.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That purple guy with the yellow tips you picked up, i had that in my tank until my issues, it's one of the few i lost and i really liked that piece! I have no idea if they have a name for it, but i believe the other one you have there is like the bali shortcakes they have on the unique corals site. Also a very nice piece.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
That purple guy with the yellow tips you picked up, i had that in my tank until my issues, it's one of the few i lost and i really liked that piece! I have no idea if they have a name for it, but i believe the other one you have there is like the bali shortcakes they have on the unique corals site. Also a very nice piece.
Once they settle in a bit ill let you know. Still to early to cut. The other one Is similar to the Bali shortcake.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm in no rush, lol. I'd like to have something to trade before i go requesting frags. All my coral are coming around nicely, the recession has stopped and growth has started.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
So I want some new fish, anyone have any suggestions. Current fish are 2 snowflake clowns and a mystery wrasse. I'm not opposed to trying to catch and remove the mystery wrasse as he can be a bit of a jerk.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
could have sworn you had a few others, alex has a nice sunburst anthias eating for him. Maybe a trio of dispars, or some of the smaller fish like cardinals, or a hawkfish.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
could have sworn you had a few others, alex has a nice sunburst anthias eating for him. Maybe a trio of dispars, or some of the smaller fish like cardinals, or a hawkfish.

At one point I did. Lost my borbonius anthias about 6 months ago. Pretty bummed when it happened. Had I'm a year and a half with no issues, stopped eating one day and was a goner in 2 days. Not sure what happened. Anthias sound like a good choice just want something a little different. Maybe red saddled anthias. I would love a few ventralis anthias but they're too much for me at the moment.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I guess i'm on a slight anthias kick in my tank, i've got 4 dispars, there will be 3 bartletts, and i'm debating on 3 lyre tails, though i suppose i'd be pushing the limits with all those in a 135g tank.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
I guess i'm on a slight anthias kick in my tank, i've got 4 dispars, there will be 3 bartletts, and i'm debating on 3 lyre tails, though i suppose i'd be pushing the limits with all those in a 135g tank.
Getting close to pushing it I would say. Lol. Anthias are great fish though very pretty and very active.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Get a trio of green chromis-s. Get some schooling action going on

in my experience with trying to do that, they will eventually kill each other till one is left. it's not as aggressive as other fish but they will.