• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Marks...Back to the Future..Reef Aquarium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been ordering a bunch of plumbing supplies. Actually have a handle on it. Just need to figure out a couple more things.

What can I use to connect loc line 1/2 tubing to a 90 degree 1/2 elbow?

And how do I adapt a 1 inch ball valve to 1/2 inch reactor tubing?

And finally, anyone close to Jackson have a 2 inch whole saw. Need to drill 3 holes in my sump acrylic.

Thanks...I getting real close now...lol

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
For the locline get a slip x thread 90 1/2"x1/2"

For the ball valve you will need a threaded reducer bushing (1"slip x 1/2" thread) and a 1/2" thread x 1/2" push connect fitting. If I remember correctly you're using the BRS reactors.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
I should add that you will need a locline male adapter as well. 1/2"x1/2"
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398907893.006442.jpg

Made some nice progress today. Finished painting bottom of stand, conned the neighbors to help me get it in the house, mounted and painted the wood to mount the lights and mounted the lights. Its going to take a while to figure out these lights though. Instructions are limited...tank should be on the stand any time...

aquariumstand.jpg

aquariumstand2.jpg

aquariumstand3.jpg

aquariumstand4.jpg

aquariumstand5.jpg

For the locline get a slip x thread 90 1/2"x1/2"

For the ball valve you will need a threaded reducer bushing (1"slip x 1/2" thread) and a 1/2" thread x 1/2" push connect fitting. If I remember correctly you're using the BRS reactors.

Thanks for the kind words everyone...I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel...

Does this look like the right fitting for the 1 inch slip x 1/2" thread?

Still looking for the 1/2" thread x 1/2" push connect. If you can find it on Amazon let me know...:)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008HQ6ZEY/ref=biss_dp_t_asn

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Looks right. Lowes or the depot usually have the push connect fittings. I'm not much of an online shopper so I'm no help finding it online

This looks great. Just an thought - maybe run the wires to the corners and then down, I've seen white cable organizer wraps at home deport before. Having the wires run down the corners would be less distracting to the eye IMHO.

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Hey Mark how about making two small holes in the sheet rock behind the stand even with the lights and then run the wires inside the wall and then back out on the bottom. You could put plumbing Scotians around the hole. Hope I spelled that right Scotians, sessions, discussions,,,,, LOL. Tank looks great!

Hey Mark how about making two small holes in the sheet rock behind the stand even with the lights and then run the wires inside the wall and then back out on the bottom. You could put plumbing Scotians around the hole. Hope I spelled that right Scotians, sessions, discussions,,,,, LOL. Tank looks great!

That is a great idea, just not sure I want to move everything and start making holes...:)

I was thinking of maybe some white plastic tape.

I also might have to make some sort on canopy. The lights are killing me...I was warned though.

This looks great. Just an thought - maybe run the wires to the corners and then down, I've seen white cable organizer wraps at home deport before. Having the wires run down the corners would be less distracting to the eye IMHO.

Thanks...I'll have to check out those wraps.

Status
Not open for further replies.