• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Marks...Back to the Future..Reef Aquarium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used reef rocks in my 90 and my sons nano. Never had issues keeping the phos down. My guess is they just do a better job at cleaning them up.

Another option is to go through the etching process again. I did it with some Marco from a friend and have had no issues. Maybe another round will do the trick. And all it takes is a couple of days.

I used reef rocks in my 90 and my sons nano. Never had issues keeping the phos down. My guess is they just do a better job at cleaning them up.

Another option is to go through the etching process again. I did it with some Marco from a friend and have had no issues. Maybe another round will do the trick. And all it takes is a couple of days.

I was thinking of doing the muriatic acid bath. When its done, rinsed and dry can it go in the tank or does it have to soak in salt water again?

I purchased the Syncra hf 12, 3200gph pump and I'm having an issue with the barbed outflow fitting.

It supposed to be 1 1/2 inches but is too small for 1 1/2 inch flex pipe. Any thoughts?

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
A barb is for tubing, while flex pipe uses standard PVC fittings. That is, flex pipe wasn't meant to be used with a barb.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I just tried looking up the specs on this pump and found conflicting information. One site (BRS) stated the outflow is 1 1/2 male NPT, while another site stated 1 1/4 (no mention if NPT). I'm assuming the barb you have on there is a step-down barb most likely for 1 1/4 or 1 inch tubing.

If you already have the 1 1 /2 flex pipe, and assuming the outlet on the pump is 1 1/2 male NPT, I'd simply pick up a coupling, 1 1/2 female NPT to 1 1/2 slip. That will allow you to hook up the 1 1/2 flex pipe.

435.jpg

I just tried looking up the specs on this pump and found conflicting information. One site (BRS) stated the outflow is 1 1/2 male NPT, while another site stated 1 1/4 (no mention if NPT). I'm assuming the barb you have on there is a step-down barb most likely for 1 1/4 or 1 inch tubing.

If you already have the 1 1 /2 flex pipe, and assuming the outlet on the pump is 1 1/2 male NPT, I'd simply pick up a coupling, 1 1/2 female NPT to 1 1/2 slip. That will allow you to hook up the 1 1/2 flex pipe.

435.jpg

Thanks..you are correct, It must be 1 1/4 on the barbed fitting...I have the flex so I'm going to get the 1 1/2 npt 1 1/2 slip fitting.

Appreciate you looking that up.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
+1. Always glue flex PVC. It's not meant tone used with barbed fittings.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Valves may be installed in any direction without issue. However, I would suggest not putting a valve on the outflow. If (and when) it gets clogged up with whatever, your tank will overflow.

Valves may be installed in any direction without issue. However, I would suggest not putting a valve on the outflow. If (and when) it gets clogged up with whatever, your tank will overflow.

Thanks! Its required for a full siphon Herbie system. The system has a dry emergency for clogs. Its how you dial the flow. I'll also have the valve attached with unions for maintenance.

Finished the plumbing, just debating if I should do a tap water test or just wait for the salt water. If I do the tap water test, it will be a major pain draining everything...

Also I plumbed in my BRS dual GFO/Carbon reactor. I'm thinking wait till the cycle if over before starting it up, opinions please?

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
Just fill the thing with saltwater. If it leaks just drain enough water off into a brute to stop water running through the system. I need to come by and see this setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.