• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Marks...Back to the Future..Reef Aquarium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
Rob (Hockeynut) is going to help me out with the weld stuff. I assume it has to be the seam, I see no other way water reaches those 3 middle compartments. It's just strange there is no leaks in the 2 end compartments on both sides. If I can seal those off, I'm all set to work on the sump. Next nice day of, I'm going to start clean it up and getting it read for the fix.

I'm northwest Jackson off Burke rd about 10 minutes from Great Adventure. The Crossfire is a 2004 that I really baby. Very fun to drive.

Nice to meet another close Jackson reefer, where you at in this large town..

Wow. I could probably walk over to your house in 10 minutes max. I live on cobain. If you see a red mini cooper s flying around thats probably me.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Wow. I could probably walk over to your house in 10 minutes max. I live on cobain. If you see a red mini cooper s flying around thats probably me.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Yes, you are right next door...I'm on Normandy Dr. We must have a beer meeting!

With the leak check finished on the sump, I pumped out the water and found where the water leaked into the wet/dry section. Just a small area on the seam on the bottom inner wall that's about an inch.
Hockeynuts Weld on should do the trick. And if that doesn't maybe some epoxy. Now to cleaning pt up.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Make sure the Weld on is "weld on #16. This one is thicker and will fill the gap. Anything like the 3 or 4 is water thin and won't work. Should be an easy fix. Let us know how it works out

Make sure the Weld on is "weld on #16. This one is thicker and will fill the gap. Anything like the 3 or 4 is water thin and won't work. Should be an easy fix. Let us know how it works out

Just ordered a tube of 16...thanks. I spoke to Hockeynut and he offered the 3, but looking at the seam I think you are correct.

Can I use it for adding baffles?

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
It may be a little tougher using that as opposed to the 3 for the baffles. The 3 gets all the way into the joint where the 16 stays more on the outside. Since it's not "structural"you should be able to get away with it.

It may be a little tougher using that as opposed to the 3 for the baffles. The 3 gets all the way into the joint where the 16 stays more on the outside. Since it's not "structural"you should be able to get away with it.

Ok...I guess I'll need 3 for the baffles, which is a whole ton of new questions and research...

Toys!

toys.jpg

Poor delivery guy...that salt is heavy...

I'm spending money like a sailor on leave...

I know we spoke of this pump before and thought it might be too weak for a basement sump. But looking at the chart at 11 ft (132 inches) my estimated head when I'm setup, it seems the 10500 model still moves a lot of water. (2000gph?) Or am I reading the chart wrong. I like the dc pumps for their adjust-ability, energy savings, and decent initial cost. What do you guys think? I'm probably going to run a Herbie with one full siphon (1-1.5") and an emergency for the overflow.

Reef-Octopus-Diablo-DC-Water-Pump-DC-10500-97.jpg

You might look at the Waveline DC 12000, (12,000 lph)basically a newer version of the same pump. The older Waveline 10000 had a high end of 10,500 lph(surprised?) Same company, making the pumps.

You might look at the Waveline DC 12000, (12,000 lph)basically a newer version of the same pump. The older Waveline 10000 had a high end of 10,500 lph(surprised?) Same company, making the pumps.

So you think I can get enough flow on this style pump with 11 feet of head? Its rated for up to 21 ft!

I also noted the watts doubles between the 10000 and 12000...

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
Yes, you are right next door...I'm on Normandy Dr. We must have a beer meeting!

Most definitely. Let me know you need any help with the tank. I'm about to build a small frag tank that will be plumbed into my display. Will give me an opportunity to redo all my plumbing and erase a few of the mistakes I made when first starting out. As for the money flow. It never really stops in the hobby. It more of how wide the spigot is open :eek:

Sent from my SCH-I535

Most definitely. Let me know you need any help with the tank. I'm about to build a small frag tank that will be plumbed into my display. Will give me an opportunity to redo all my plumbing and erase a few of the mistakes I made when first starting out. As for the money flow. It never really stops in the hobby. It more of how wide the spigot is open :eek:

Sent from my SCH-I535

Have to see your setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.