• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

May Meeting Announcement

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
The May meeting is going to take place on May 17th in this year of our lord 2014. dnov99 has agreed to host this meeting at his lovely home. RSVP page will be up shortly, but since the meeting is a little earlier this month, I wanted to get the word out.

Quick details:
Who: dnov99
What: A wonderful wonderful reef meeting extravaganza
When: May 17th 1-5pm or until we kick the keg.
Where: 15 Fox Hunt Dr. Monroe NJ 08831
Why: We were instructed by the eclipse last night to do so
NO KIDS ALLOWED

Bio: Darren is flying back from Florida and RAP right now so he did not have time to submit a bio. I will humbly make one up for him and since he is flying right now, he cannot dispute a word of it.

Darren's journey with salt water fish began back when he was a wee lad watching Sponge Bob Squarepants. After seeing how if you put a pineapple at the bottom of the sea, you can create talking animals he was hooked. He waited patiently and began ironically selling pineapples at he local bodega to make sure he came across the perfect one to setup in his aquarium. Fast forward many years of heart break in not finding a talking sponge, he almsot gave up. However once he made his way to college and joined the wonderful, super glorius, amazing, very talented, and honorable young men of Sigma Phi Epsilon (which so happens to be my fraternity as well) he became their marine biology chair. A spark went off as he researched and created wild events for the fraternity like beach clean ups and spawning salmon and he remembered his dream of Sponge bob.

Fast forward some years later, Darren had graduated school and started working. One day he was able to pull a cocoa contract score on Willy Wonka himself which finally allowed him to realize his dream of setting up his current tank. The tank is a 265 bullet shaped tank which proudly resides on his first floor. He then met Kami who was rather impressed by the fish tank and they were married shortly after (BTW wish them a happy anniversary, it was a few days ago). Now the fish tank stands as a testament to how an early morning cartoon show can create such a wonderful fish tank.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Also, if you want to reply to this thread to RSVP for now, that would be great.

I will be attending with bells on

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Hopefully I'll be able to make it. And if you still have contact with willie tell him I want a real everlasting gobstopper. Not the pseudo-jawbreakers that seem to be less and less everlasting over the years.

if anyone down by jim is coming, and doesn't mind bringing my hanna checkers, lmk! i'll hook you up with a nice frag.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm 99% sure I'm going to this meeting. If so, I'll stop by Jim's and pickup your hanna checkers for you Praveen.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I'm 99% sure I'm going to this meeting. If so, I'll stop by Jim's and pickup your hanna checkers for you Praveen.

George, if you're able to do the same for me and the ehiem pump I bought from Jim that would be great! lmk Thanks!

horseplay

NJRC Member
George - if you still have room please pickup my diablo pump as well. many thanks.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Seems we got a bunch of people that want me to pick stuff up for them at Jim's. The answer to all of you is YES. :cool:

How bout you all just let Jim know what you want to be taken to Darren's for the meeting, and I'll just take it all. I will have plenty of room in my SUV for just about anything (except his tank and stand, lol).

I'll make sure Jim let's me know who gets what.

George, if you can squeeze in the supplies and GFO reactor I got from Jim, I would appreciate it as well! Thx in advance!

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
The May meeting is going to take place on May 17th in this year of our lord 2014. dnov99 has agreed to host this meeting at his lovely home. RSVP page will be up shortly, but since the meeting is a little earlier this month, I wanted to get the word out.

Quick details:
Who: dnov99
What: A wonderful wonderful reef meeting extravaganza
When: May 17th 1-5pm or until we kick the keg.
Where: 15 Fox Hunt Dr. Monroe NJ 08831
Why: We were instructed by the eclipse last night to do so
NO KIDS ALLOWED

Bio: Darren is flying back from Florida and RAP right now so he did not have time to submit a bio. I will humbly make one up for him and since he is flying right now, he cannot dispute a word of it.

Darren's journey with salt water fish began back when he was a wee lad watching Sponge Bob Squarepants. After seeing how if you put a pineapple at the bottom of the sea, you can create talking animals he was hooked. He waited patiently and began ironically selling pineapples at he local bodega to make sure he came across the perfect one to setup in his aquarium. Fast forward many years of heart break in not finding a talking sponge, he almsot gave up. However once he made his way to college and joined the wonderful, super glorius, amazing, very talented, and honorable young men of Sigma Phi Epsilon (which so happens to be my fraternity as well) he became their marine biology chair. A spark went off as he researched and created wild events for the fraternity like beach clean ups and spawning salmon and he remembered his dream of Sponge bob.

Fast forward some years later, Darren had graduated school and started working. One day he was able to pull a cocoa contract score on Willy Wonka himself which finally allowed him to realize his dream of setting up his current tank. The tank is a 265 bullet shaped tank which proudly resides on his first floor. He then met Kami who was rather impressed by the fish tank and they were married shortly after (BTW wish them a happy anniversary, it was a few days ago). Now the fish tank stands as a testament to how an early morning cartoon show can create such a wonderful fish tank.

Mike, thank you for the very detailed and accurate BIO!!!

We will be grilling burgers, dogs and whatever else I can throw on the grill. We will also be supplying salads.

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
I will be supplying the frags for the raffle. I have a nice assortment of really nice corals!!!

Tyree pink lemonade acro
JF Blue stag
Tyree Undata monti
Rasta zoas
My clementines zoas
Tyree Fire Echinopora
Fire and Ice war coral
FNF Strawberry Watermelon chalice
JF Jack o lantern Lepto
Assorted acan frags

Looking forward to this one. My office is moving that weekend and ill need to stop in on Saturday to see how it is going but I'm hoping to break free for the afternoon.