• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

May Meeting

C

concept3

richscorals.jpg

C

concept3

richssohal.jpg

That's it. I'm getting aggravated. No more tank pictures until someone contacts me about how to use photoshop to balance out the blues.

I quit :)

I WILL, however, post people pics since they don't need to be blue balanced. BUT that's gonna be tomorrow night.

Thank you Dana and Rich for opening up your home to all of us. Charissa and I had a great time. The two of you really know how to make someone feel welcome.

C

concept3

Mike and Dan, thanks for the help-  Dan, I think I got the hang of it.  I played for 3 hours this morning on photoshop with the help of Mike's url (I couldn't remember how to spell Ximina or remember the site), and this is what I came up with for starters:

BEFORE:
richs-unphotoshopped-coral.jpg

AFTER:
richs-photoshopped-coral.jpg

AND I AM NOW QUASI-PHOTOMASTER!!! 

This program is awesome!

Not bad, can you briefly tell us what you did? I use photoshop, and generally all I do is have the White Balance set for the lighting at the time.
What you did with that pic looks great, and real.

i would look into recording the actions you took so that the next time you have a photo you can just hit run and then it will automatically do what you did to that photo. and if you have a bunch of photos you can run a batch and that will do it to all the files in a folder...photoshop is great....if you need more help i can tell you how to record actions and run batch...

C

concept3

Hef said:
Not bad, can you briefly tell us what you did? I use photoshop, and generally all I do is have the White Balance set for the lighting at the time.
What you did with that pic looks great, and real.

Heyf, I posted in the photography forum on RC and they helped me out a lot lot lot! I started out last night clueless, and I'm doing so much fun stuff tonight, I can't sleep. AND I probably only scratched the surface of photoshop!!! Anyways, here's a link to the thread on RC:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=850743

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=850988

C

concept3

some pics I finished shopping (might have doubles of what I did last nite)

Camera: Nikon D70S with 60mm lens f2.8 and 18-70mm lens, no flash except for the sohal and coral beauty

sohal.jpg

richscorals.jpg

richsrbta.jpg

richs-photoshopped-coral.jpg

346%3B68348%7Ffp33%3B%3Enu%3D3254%3E%3A49%3E689%3EWSNRCG%3D3233773348%3C49nu0mrj