• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Me New Toy Build Thread

Moving up in the world
Built the stand on Saturday got my dimensions all messed up and made the stand 8 inches to deep LOL I'm gonna fix it this weekend LOL
tankshot4.jpg

tankshot3.jpg

Wating on the tank to make the sump prolly this sunday

lol....thats what i said....but his wife would win that battle!!! get crackin mike! that saw's rental fee is steep!!! lol j/k

jerzsky said:
lol....thats what i said....but his wife would win that battle!!! get crackin mike! that saw's rental fee is steep!!! lol j/k

LOL yea she won that one I was going to go to home depot and pick up a nice piece of wood to put on as the top and she put the breaks to that Plus she hid the saw from me and said i cant have it until my cousin comes over LMAO

Oh wow, Mike! You've been quite busy, huh? LOVE the stand! Have you "modified" it yet? We need more pictures. ;D Congrats to the upgrade!! ;D

JerseyWendy said:
Oh wow, Mike! You've been quite busy, huh? LOVE the stand! Have you "modified" it yet? We need more pictures. ;D Congrats to the upgrade!! ;D

I am going to be fixing the stand in about 2 hours LOL. then tomorrow i am going to go pickup my sump and make it then build the hood once the sump and hood are done i.m gonna start filling it up with 50gal of new water then i gotta get some sand rock and then start the transfer

JerseyWendy said:
Do you have an overflow box yet? And how big of a sump are you going with? Hopefully no smaller than a 30 long.

I'm getting a 29, and i am going to use the overflow box from my other tank it's rated at 600gph i hope thats good enough

Hirobo said:
Built the stand on Saturday got my dimensions all messed up and made the stand 8 inches to deep LOL I'm gonna fix it this weekend LOL

just get a bigger tank ;)

seriously though, how big is this one and how big of a sump?

onefish2fish said:
Hirobo said:

just get a bigger tank ;)

seriously though, how big is this one and how big of a sump?

this tank is a 90 the fuge is going to be 29 gallons

malulu

NJRC Member
i still think it it easier to just leave it, and pull the tank all the way up to the front edge... lets extra space on the back, may be be build two TALL pieces of something woods to cover/fit it.
;)

I agree with Malulu,and if yr going with an in sump pump,you might luck out and have one less bend in the return to the tank.

tell her you built it like that so you can upgrade to a 120 at a later date..but you didnt hear that from me :-X