• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

my 5.5 aio

hey njrc my name is Max and i started a aio tank 2 weeks ago and i thought i share

P1116437.jpg

P1116439.jpg

P1116442.jpg

P1146467.jpg

P1256519.jpg

P1296546.jpg

hope you guys like it

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Welcome, and that is some fantastic live rock. Looks like a good start.

Looking good! and welcome aboard

Good luck with it, and welcome aboard.

Good luck with it! I see the shrooms are hanging in there.

Where did ya get all the tonga rock?

Cool little build. What are you using for a return pump?

Welcome, and that is some fantastic live rock. Looks like a good start.

Thanks for all the welcome's . The rock I got at tropaqarium , my return is a azoo . Aj thanks again for the shrooms

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Trop has some awesome rock, we picked up some and reworked one of our tanks with it.

thanks, i think my tank is done cycling case algae is starting to grow . going to test my peramiters and get some cheato and upgrade my light

I can spare some chaeto for ya. Toss me a pm and ill get some over to ya if you want. Im off on friday again.

a 5.5 gallon tank could probably house 30 new born clownfish fry easy. LOL. But going fishless is probably the best way unless you only keep them when they are small/young and replace as they get older.

a 5.5 gallon tank could probably house 30 new born clownfish fry easy. LOL. But going fishless is probably the best way unless you only keep them when they are small/young and replace as they get older.

keeping them young and replacing the sounds like too muck work

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
There are a lot of nano gobies out there and barnacle blennies that stay very small and will have a very minimal impact on your bioload. Outside of those I think you are making the right decision to keep it fishless.

howze01

NJRC Member
I think a Grouper would be perfect for that tank!

All kidding aside, that's a cool little build you have going there. I love seeing things like this that people build for themselves.