• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My 65G

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It is almost a year that I've had this tank and it's about time I get it wet!

Oct. 15th 2010:
IMG_3373_zps45c39c5c.jpg

Nov. 2010 I installed a Glass-Holes 700 Overflow and returns:
IMG_3543_zpsb3b6513d.jpg

2x 3/4" returns are in & 700 Glass-holes overflow is in:
IMG_3549_zpsc609b2ea.jpg

Finished:
IMG_3550_zpscd097bfb.jpg

Well I priced it out and a schedule 80 manifold was going to be a little over $105 from BRS. :eek: So after I picked up my Syncra 5.0 at AO, I hit HD on the way home for some schedule 40.

$21+tax=
IMG_0523_zps71d8bd3e.jpg

I have a 1/2" hose barb for TLF style reactors and a 3/8 quick connect for BRS style reactors. The third I might use for.... water changes maybe?

Just need a check valve and a SCWD. Ohh and I need to glue it all together. :grin:

I will probably do the 20L sump just like I did for my 40B, Skimmer/Refugium/Return:
IMG_0364_zpsd95de2fe.jpg

Last edited:

howze01

NJRC Member
Nooooooooooooo! I was supposed to be first......

Digging that manifold too. Now I have one to shamelessly copy!

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
It makes sense that you bought the tank at AO's anniversary sale and the sale is this weekend. Looks good, can't wait until you fill it up.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nooooooooooooo! I was supposed to be first......

Digging that manifold too. Now I have one to shamelessly copy!

I have extra 1" & 3/4" ridged PVC so let me know if you need some. Now we need to order some Flex!

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I guess I forgot the word "start". "Off to a good start".... LOL

Thanks Ric, I figured that's what you were going for. :D

I hope to get some paint on the tank today. Picked up another can of black last week sinice I'm not too sure if I want to use the deep blue (royal blue) that I was originally going to paint the tank. ???

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It makes sense that you bought the tank at AO's anniversary sale and the sale is this weekend. Looks good, can't wait until you fill it up.

My plan is to get water in it before Oct 15 (the one year mark). :D ;)

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Never got around to paining the tank the other day. :( Weather this weekend looks good, maybe I can get it out and get it painted.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Rocks are Here!

So the tank is painted and Loc-line is installed and yesterday I received my Aquaroche ceramic rock! There is one central column and flat plates that interlock and form shelves. It will be the center piece of my tank and I was playing around with it today. I came up with a plan I like and I hope I can recreate it when i get it in the tank. I Snapped these pics today at work.

Center piece 18" tall:
IMG_0576_zps3e6aeccb.jpg

With plates installed:
IMG_0575_zpsddfa6bda.jpg

:D

Lots of little hiding spots for fish and, you can't see it in the picture but, there are caves and tunnels that run left and right through the center column.

Last edited:
So the tank is painted and Loc-line is installed and yesterday I received my Aquaroche ceramic rock! There is one central column and flat plates that interlock and form shelves. It will be the center piece of my tank and I was playing around with it today. I came up with a plan I like and I hope I can recreate it when i get it in the tank. I Snapped these pics today at work.

Center piece 18" tall:

With plates installed:
photo-vi618.jpg

:D

Lots of little hiding spots for fish and, you can't see it in the picture but, there are caves and tunnels that run left and right through the center column.

wow Brian this looks awesome you did this yourself or some one did for you or you ordered them like that? let me get the info lol