• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My 65G

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
2 Month Mark!

Tank is now 2 months old! Time for some pictures!

FTS:
IMG_3737-vi779.jpg

Love my Tyree Aquaturbalita Monti!
IMG_3730-vi.jpg

For whatever reason two of my birdsnests decided that all the branches are going to split at the same time. :grin:
Green ORA:
IMG_3765-vi41.jpg
Birds of Paradise:
IMG_3764-vi.jpg

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wow, you might be an addict when...

I took a SPS inventory and I don't know how but I have all this in a 65G!

SPS Corals:
ORA Purple Plasma Stag
Strawberry Shortcake
Tyree Pink Lemonade
Scripps Green Stag
Green Slimer Stag
ORA PearlBerry
Sunset Monti
Superman Monti
Jedi Mind Trick Monti
Purple Haze Monti
ORA Green Birdsnest
ORA Birds of Paradise
Pink Birdsnest
A. Nana
Tyree Aequituberculata
Green Cap w/ Purple Rim
Paradise Table
Miami Orchid
Purple Bonsi
Light Green Birdsnest
Green Digi
Orange Digi
Forest Fire Digi
Purple Cap
Turbinaria Cup Coral
Teal Acro
Blue/Green Tort
Red Cap w/ White Polyps
ORA Red Planet
Garf Purple Bonsi
Pink Milli
Unknown Aqua Acro
Unknown Green w/ Blue tips Acro
Unknown Bright Green w/ Blue tips Stag

:eek:

howze01

NJRC Member
Pretty much.... I have frag plugs with 1-5 pollyps all over my sandbed. Soon enough though they will end up on the rocks!

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm going to have a problem when things really start to grow out. Oh darn... I guess I'll need a bigger tank. ;) :D

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm going to have a problem when things really start to grow out. Oh darn... I guess I'll need a bigger tank. ;) :D
Olivier is coming to the meeting. You'll have plenty of space in the tank after he leaves!:eek:

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Looks like the last time I checked in, was back in March and since then, Fotki no longer allows hot links so all my pictures in this thread are toast. :(

47074E60-C9FA-4C19-B225-46FD993877D9-15968-000010649438F98F.jpg

That is what the tank looked like back in March.

Since then I had one tank relocation and a few temp issues but I will get to that in a bit.

Relocation involved a Brute and a 20L
E599C7EA-F9B0-4115-A623-CC2F2012B5BA-15968-00001064A40A5998.jpg

5B561761-B97B-43DA-96D7-382895D54713-15968-000010649D352387.jpg

After I moved the tank from the spare bedroom out to the living room, I decided it was a good time to clean the sump and skimmer. What I forgot to do was plug the heater back in after cleaning the sump... The tank now sits in front of one of the central air vents so the next morning the tank was 72. I panicked and plug the heater in but never thought to shut the lights off. The tank went from 72 to 80 in just a couple of hours and that enough to make a lot of corals very angry. I had major bleaching of 80% of my SPS. Temps were stable for a few months until the day my wife goes into labor and shuts the A/C off (I didn't know she did this). I stop home from the hospital to feed the cat and as soon as I walk in the door I know something is wrong. Temp in the apartment was 86 and both tanks were 84. Learning from my last mistake I dropped the temp in the tank slowly back to 78 over 2 days.

Colors are still blah on all but a few SPS. Zoos, Monties and my hammer could care less and have never looked better. I stopped running bio pellets and have started feeding the tank everyday, thinking that maybe my water is too clean. I haven't had any trace of nitrates since my near tank crash. I added a Royal Gramma and Tomini Tang a few weeks ago to increase the bio load and I will most likely add a few chromis to the mix.

I also added some more Aquaroche to the tank and filled in the sides of the aqua scape. This gives me some more real estate for corals and I still have a ton of frags in the racks to place.

This is the tank is of 10/7/12:
62FA4406-F848-431A-A9A2-A148BDF36477-17324-000011960477E095.jpg

You did add som more real estate there! Nice layout and it looks like your corals have grown quite a bit since I saw the tank back in Mayish. I too increased the bio load and can see a bit of difference:)

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm not sure if it's the feeding everyday or running the MH's an hour longer each day or both, but I am really starting to see some color coming back in the corals. Especially in my blue/green tort that has been blah and brown for the longest time. I can see the green coming back when the actinics are on and it also looks like my red planet is getting a touch of green back to it as well. Things are going to come back just in time for me to breakdown and relocate the tank again. :(

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Things are looking better by the day! Starting to see some teal colors coming back to some corals and my strawberry shortcake has developed a purple rim around the base. More importantly, my pink lemonade is getting its yellow color back and my A. Nana now has deep purple tips and is getting its green back in the branches!!! :D