• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My 65G

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Brian, that's going to look great in the new tank! What's the ETA on it?

Bob

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
H20!

Only one month later and we have water!!! LoL I am glad this tank is finally happening. It's been a looooong rocky road the last year and a half but things are finally starting to come together with both the tank and personal matters.

F1252414-6782-47AB-96FB-E0357FB5918F-15968-00001064669B35EF.jpg

DAAC75B7-4F75-4339-8D2B-2BA7C1B191D0-15968-000010646A7F1F82.jpg

Last edited:

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I need a booster pump for my RO it's been going since 8:30 this morning and it's only filled halfway! :-\

1753802B-D4B3-4941-B923-2F4E363D9EF5-15968-000010646E4ABED6.jpg

Last edited:
Kinda like the ketchup commercial..lol...too bad we werent closer I could give ya my 5- 5gal storage containers I have as on hand emergency water,we'd have that puppy filled already.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I need a booster pump for my RO it's been going since 8:30 this morning and it's only filled halfway! :-\

Do you need a booster or is it temperature. I went to make water today and noticed way too much waste water for the first bottle (five gallons) and felt the temperature of the water......cold! So I started mixing hot with cold to get tepid water. Your membrane works best with warm water (I think around 76 is ideal, if I remember correctly).

howze01

NJRC Member
Lookin' good! Hopefully I'm not too far behind! I'm having more MP10 troubles so I will have to get that sorted now. Nothing's ever easy but it's worth it in the long run! Congrats!

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I was up till 2am this morning filling the sump and adding an entire bag of salt to the tank. The tank ran all night and this morning so far so good. I still have to tweak the salinity a little, I'm at 1.020 so I'm not too far off for only adding one bag of salt. I was expecting it to be a lot lower since one bag is for 50 gallons. Once the salt is squared away, I plan to pull the shelf rock that has been in the sump of the 40 breeder for the last month, and try and remember how I had them arranged. :grin: Pics will come later!

62FBB3DA-26CC-4452-A011-DD5D07D68BA1-15968-0000106471C8A15F.jpg

Last edited:

howze01

NJRC Member
:livid:

OK, you officially have to stop and wait for me to catch up......

Looks really cool man. Are you going to do anymore rock or are you done now? See ya tomorrow! Hopefully you can work my issues out.....well the plumbing ones at least.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I still have some live rock in the Biocube and 20L that I still have to work into the aquascape. For now it will just be the ceramic rock during the first few weeks of the cycle.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Time for an update!

ADDBE26A-4F2D-4A0F-903D-95173023101B-15968-000010647D296306.jpg

All fish and coral are in and the BioCube and 20L have been taken down. I'm still in the process of light acclimation of the corals and have two frag racks in the tank. One rack I'm using for grow out and the other I'm slowly raising to help with the acclimation. Once everything is mounted to the rock work, I will start lowering the light fixture down. I currently have my fixture 2 feet above the tank and with the 4 ATI T-5's, I really don't think I will have to run the HM's very long. I'm running the two 150W MH's 1 hour a day and might not go any longer then 3 hours mid-day. Most of the corals that browned out under the PC's in the biocube, started to color up with just the T-5's before I even started running the MH's.

As you can see, some corals are mounted and I still have a TON of stuff still to mount. I'm not sure where I got all these corals from but I think I might need a bigger tank! :eek:

I'll go into more details about all the equipment in my next post.

Last edited:

howze01

NJRC Member
How are the Acans doing? Did they all make it? I hope so..... The tank is looking awesome!

I'm going to have to start my thread tomorrow! Got about 4" or so of water in there.....Finally!

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We did lose one of them and there is one that is still very critical. The rest are all puffing back up and look to be on the rebound! :D I'll see if I can get some pics tomorrow.

Looks great bud! Looks like ya do have alot of frags,we need some close up shots...nice rock work-we almost have the same exact style)mines on the right side of the tank.I showed Jon when he was here.