• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My first build thread (29g Biocube)

Im a little in love with the gold assessor basslet, especially with the hue of it. Does it really swim upside down? I hope I get to see it. Thanks for that reccomendation, mnat !!

Dan, should I risk getting the green clown goby ? I dont have as much hiding spots or rocks as you, but his head is so big its entertaining lol.

I like the pygmy wrasse too, but I cant decide between the two.

George, I think my fear lies just in the fidh hurting albert or my zoas, otherwise id let the experiment go.

You guys have been so helpful! Im getting a fish at that fish place at the frag swap in oct, I hope I get to find either one there. If not, ill start looking.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Check my 210 build thread, ther was a pic a few pages back of my guy swimming upside down. He stays like that 90% of the time.

howze01

NJRC Member
If you turn your tank upside down will the Assessor swim right side up? :p I have always liked Clown Gobies, especially the Panda ones but was never that successful with them. I have seen Possum Wrasses at Red Sand, or now Feng Reef. Most stores can order you pretty much whatever you want. Not 100% sure where you are but I have always had great luck with fish from Aquatic Obsession. Never lost a fish I got from them except for the Naoko Fairy Wrasse that decided the carpet looked more hospitable than the tank. Even though its death had nothing to do with them, they ordered me another fish and charged me cost too.

Hey I wanted to head to fengs for some sps. Maybe the possum wrasse can be the reason we finally take the drive. If you decide you want it that is.

Sent from my galaxy s4

I've seen Possum Wrasses at The Hidden Reef quite often. They are usually in the clown tank near the back of the room. My son has a Royal Gramma in his nano and for the most part it is always out and about but the only other fish are a pair of clowns. I had a yellow clown goby but called it quits when I feared it may have been messing with my acros. I've read that other clown gobies are not as much of a problem as the yellows though. As to the 6-line I feel like I'm the only one ever that recommends them. Mine is full grown and doesn't bother a thing. Though some speak of horrors with them so maybe I'm lucky. Also IMO you cant beat Firefish or Cardinals for being up front and center in any tank.

Jing clown gobys are really adorable! I really don't think he will hide to much in your tank. Take a risk :)

I agree with not hiding too much. He's the smallest fish in my tank mind you. He's probably afraid now that I think about it lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Well after seeing the price tag on the gold assessor basslet, im gonna hold off for that and keep it on my wishlist.

Im leaning towards the pygmy wrasse and maybe ill try my luck with a clown goby later on.

I dont like firefish. I dont know why, I just dont lol.

Group trip to fengs, anyone?

Well after seeing the price tag on the gold assessor basslet, im gonna hold off for that and keep it on my wishlist.

Im leaning towards the pygmy wrasse and maybe ill try my luck with a clown goby later on.

Well dan doesn't know but I've already decided hes coming with us lol.. :p

Sent from my galaxy s4

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member

You were probably looking at the wild caught gold assesor which fun around $100. The ORA ones run around 40-50, that is why I suggested waiting for a store to get an ORA one in. They do so much better too.

howze01

NJRC Member
I only live about 15 minutes from Fengs but I haven't been to the new store yet. Have been pretty busy lately but if it's anything like his old store, it's worth the trip for you guys just to see his display tank! He is the only person I know that can talk people in to buying his "old" water from water changes...

If you are thinking of making the trip there are a few stores within about 10 minutes of each other and Aquatic Obsession isn't that far either.

Mnat that was exactly the one I was looking at! Thank you so so so much, 50 is definitely a much more manageable price and ill look out for it !!

Haha I know Meg, ive had to redo my personal budget several times, but im glad I know how to use my money so that I can get things in this hobby when they arise !

Ive heard great things about Feng and im sure we will end up going there eventually. Maybe after all the exams next week :/.

7/26 update:

Meet the accidental newest addition to my tank. I was supposed to only be getting maintenance supplies but I got really attached once I saw him:
e4ypypeq.jpg

His name is Sylvester and he is a very very tiny watchman goby. I guess that crosses out the green clown goby.

I like that he doesnt move.

On another note, my bengaiis will be leaving my tank !

Why does it cancel out the clown goby??? The watchman will most likely stay in the sand and the clown goby will stay in the rock work. I have had both and never seen them fight. My only problem with the clown gobies is I could never get them to eat for some reason.

Why does it cancel out the clown goby??? The watchman will most likely stay in the sand and the clown goby will stay in the rock work. I have had both and never seen them fight. My only problem with the clown gobies is I could never get them to eat for some reason.

I think she meant because shes already got 4 fish and none are active swimmers so the last one or two shouod be out more. Shes debating re homing the banggais tho so that'd free up space for a clown goby. I personally love them but wont risk one in my sps tank

Sent from my galaxy s4