• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My new 40 breeder

etydenev.jpg

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wow, that thing isn’t eating, it’s roaring. If I see this picture correctly, that is the biggest mouth I’ve seen on, what I believe is a Trachyphyllia. What are you feeding that guy to make him open wide. The best I see on my Trach are the polyps around the mouth to capture the food, but never an open mouth. Neat picture.

You should see it when all the mouths are open ning up. I feed it mysis once a week. Usually a cube worth. That pic was just after I teased him with a little. Its tentacles get close to 2" long during feeding. Had the trach over 5 yrs.

Well, today might be the day I do it. I've wanted a blue spot jaw since I started reefing. Don't know why I never got one other than tanks were to big and too easy for him to make a home out of sight. The 40 gives me better odds so along with some berghia nudis, I may come home with a bsj. I'm excited

I did. I wish he was in view but chose a spot way in the back corner lol...just my luck

Wow man thats beautiful. I still have my 40 breeder lid and stand just sitting in a room un touched and never used yet. But trying to get a new house and dont want to get started on it and have to break it down. Let alone have money for with my new month old daughter. But ur tank makes me want to set it up badly.

Well, I've decided to sell what I have and maybe get back into it at a later date. If anyone raises berghias, I have a frag tank full of them for the purpose of breeding I never followed up on.

Well, I've decided to sell what I have and maybe get back into it at a later date. If anyone raises berghias, I have a frag tank full of them for the purpose of breeding I never followed up on.

Wait sell your tanks and such or just the berghias?? Hopefully the latter...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Sell my tank and it's contents. I'm gonna keep the frag tank but have lots of aptasia I was making so I could get into breeding them.

Mostly just don't have room these days and just burned out. Everything seems so far away down here, lol. Not many into it in my area.....yeah, just overall burned out

Mostly just don't have room these days and just burned out. Everything seems so far away down here, lol. Not many into it in my area.....yeah, just overall burned out

Understandable. If you part any sps out, id be interested in a few

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

It all goes, whether piece by piece or all at once. The pearl berry isn't attached to the rock and the lemonade will pop off easily as a whole. The rest of the sps is encrusted. Red planet is on the rock with a coming back to life tri color.