• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Mynd's Aquapod - 01.07.07

Hello All,

Long time.. Congrats to Pnoys new frag! Wow.. Beautiful.

Decided to take apart the chiller this weekend and clean the hoses from the tank to the pump, to the chiller and back to the tank.. About a 6 foot return trip... Wanna talk algae! How about 6 feet of it a 1/2 inch in diameter. Wish I would have taken photos.. EWwwww!

A word to the wise... When you connect hosing from your tank to anything outside the tank in an area where the lighting is on it all day.. PLEASE cover the hose in black masking or electrical tape. Just a suggestion to keep the light out of the hose and from the algae growing..

Wanna talk about FLOW.. HOLY MOLY.. what a difference.. Expected...

Here is a shot of my Symphilia. He has not grown much ( I suspect moving him all the time ) But his colors are amazing to me. I expect after 14 pages of my nano you guys are tired already, but I like to post them.. lol

symphilia.jpg

My tank is getting crowded now and there is no room for anything.. My acans are HUGE! My Hammers are OUT OF CONTROL.. The colors are AMAZING!

Wish I could capture them in photos.. Need a good camera and someone to come over and take photos :D Any Takers?!!!

Be well everyone and great job NJRC! Keep up the good work with keeping the community informed and having a good time.. Hope to see you at a meeting one day!

Hello JR!

FTS is a no go.. Can't take it with my camera anymore under the new lighting. As you will see with the next couple photos I put up today.. they are eh at best. Just can't use my camera under this new lighting very well without a manual white balance option. In any case, nice to see you online.. Hope your meeting goes well! Here are some photos now:

Really Coming Along:
symphilia-1.jpg

Under T5 Geismann 420 and 460nm spectrum:
starrynight2acan.jpg

Under 1w Moonlight. We have named this the TurtleBack Acan:
turtlebackacan.jpg

Enjoy!

okay! I got a new radium in the tank now ( radium 150 hqi de, same as before but was time for a change ) Going to go only 7 months till next change next time not 9. Here are some new photos. Keep in mind that all my frags were booger or 2 heads,maybe 3 when they started not so long ago. Hope you like the changes. I do :D

THEN:

ftsa011408.jpg

NOW:

P3180018.jpg

New Shots Unaltered and not PS'd.

P3180007.jpg

P3180008.jpg

P3180010.jpg

P3180013.jpg

P3180014.jpg

P3180015.jpg

P3180016.jpg

P3180017.jpg

Sorry about some of the color loss as it is under halides. I hope you like'm!

Happy Anniversary Mynd's Tank - You are 2!

cake998.jpg

here are some images to celebrate the day.. Please excuse the blurriness of some of them. You know my camera! ;) I took these pictures during a water change. Sorry some of them are closed up like the hammer coral. Enjoy...

P7190001-1.jpg
- zoa patch

P7190007.jpg
- transparent hammer coral

P7190001.jpg
- tyree b'nest

P7190005.jpg
- mynd's turtleback zoo

P7190009.jpg
- orange crush acan

P7190013.jpg
- blues clues