• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Need help putting a value on a possible purchase

150 or 220

Votes: 2 18.2%

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Where can I get just a new tank/stand of that size for under a thousand?

I'm sure you're aware, but Tropaquarium in Ocean has some ridiculously low prices for tank and stand combos, might be worth a look. I've bought all my tanks (and a few stands) from them and they've always been about half the price of everyone else (they sell at cost).

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Well, if you consider new, The Hidden Reef (in Levittown, PA) also sells new tanks at cost....they figure they have you hooked for the rest of the gear.

Ls2Goat

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Well this may all be moot as of now because the seller stopped texting me back and I'm about to loose the help I had recruited for tomorrow.

Does any one know of a nice deal on a 150-200g setup with extras?

Last edited:

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I think JohnS still has his 180 tank stand and canopy on here for a good price.

Ls2Goat

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member

What's his screen name or link to the thread?

Thanks for the offer but I'll hold off on collecting rock until I get the equipment first, I'll keep you guys in mind for when I need it, hopefully sooner than later!

I'll give it to the end of the week to see if something else pops up and if not I'll grab the 150g at the LFS.

Last edited:

Ls2Goat

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
it's fourth of july weekend - maybe the seller is taking time off. but good luck!

I had hoped that was the case but he had stated he needed it gone by Sunday night, so I'm not sure. It's now Tuesday and he hasn't been in touch. I'll just keep an eye out for any other deals.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I voted for the 220 tank because I don't personally like the dimensions on a 6 foot 150, really narrow tank.

Ls2Goat

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member

I met with John and Phyl at their place yesterday to take a look at the tank and have decided to go with it. Thanks for the heads up!
Now to get transportation rearranged...

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I met with John and Phyl at their place yesterday to take a look at the tank and have decided to go with it. Thanks for the heads up!
Now to get transportation rearranged...

Depends on when and where it's going, I can help.

Ls2Goat

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Depends on when and where it's going, I can help.

It's going from Jackson to Roebling(near bordentown) and timing is when ever I can get the help arranged, so what works best for you.
I just need to locate a truck/trailer, maybe I'll rent one.