• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New 90 Gallon Reef setup. - Going to need alot of advice.

And lastly is this guy... he's got a long stem... he's about 1/4 inch round when fully opened... i tried feeding him a blood worm but he didn't take it... would love to know what he is...

20160304_142020.jpg

Okay... you told me to post... lol
Thanks in advance to all for any insight... i appreciate it...
BTW - It's my birthday Wed... so i'm heading to my "Local" fish store... ACC (It's only 30+minutes away, but worth it... ) I think i'm going to add a fish or two... and a sea slug... maybe some feather dusters...
Fish i'm thinking are Kole Tang and Half Black Angel.... Thoughts...?

The rest I don't know because I don't care about names of zoas. I treat them all the same. I would a steer clear of the angel, they are known coral eaters. Koles are beautiful and most are mildly mannered.

Damm... He was listed under "Reef Safe" dwarf angel... Ugh... And he's sooo beautiful... Oh well... Thanks for the info... :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Again the bottom red one I believe is a Zoanthid but which... also right above it is another of the green flowery ones separated by one of my favorites... this green/blue flowery one... and yes a different kind of Zoanthid above the green one... only 6 polyps... still growing...

View attachment 12786

Bottom Reds look like Eagle Eye Zoas. GSP in the middle and Blue Sympodium in the top right. Not sure about the other zoas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
And lastly is this guy... he's got a long stem... he's about 1/4 inch round when fully opened... i tried feeding him a blood worm but he didn't take it... would love to know what he is...

View attachment 12790

It's a palythoa and usually when they have a green mouth they are called "people eaters". The color seems a little drab so other than some kind of people eater paly that's all I got.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Here I have i believe a green mushroom and a mixed Zoanthid...above is my Pulsating Xenia and to the left is an Anemone... believe it or not the Anemone was about 2 inches long by maybe 1/2 inch round when I got him...now over 5 inches long and about 3-4 inches round... he's a beast.. don't know what kind... i think it's Haitian..?

Btw- The green slime on the rock under and over the mushroom has been there for months and hasn't grown... but hasn't gone away... lol

View attachment 12789

That looks like a Sebae Anemone.

Going to take a shot at culturing phytoplankton and cope pods... Will use 4-6 water bottles for the phytoplankton then when dark green split and feed my cope pods 5 gallon ex-Beta fish tank... Then supplement my tank every week from the cope pods tank. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I've been kicking around the thought of starting phyto.....please provide details on your setup....using Guillards or DIY fertilizer?