• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New 90 Gallon Reef setup. - Going to need alot of advice.

Spoke to soon... Can the ammonia spike trigger an ich outbreak....? Yup... Kole Tang is gone and my Hippo Tang has dots as well as two chromis... ugh!!!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Very sorry to hear about the troubles!! Any stress can cause ich to happen. The stress can lower the fishes immunity allowing existing ich to take over. Best of luck moving forward!

Thank you... since trying to catch all these fish in my tank will be close to impossible without totally stressing and killing the fish... I have decided to give Polyp lab medic a shot. I will keep you guys updated on my progress. Thanks

Hey guys... an update... I started using Polyp Labs Medic... started Friday and most white spots are gone on almost all fish... except for the hippo tang... he looks a lot better but still has some spots left... and a few of the fish are still flashing. Overall they all look good, eating, swimming... hoping the worst is over... lost 7 total... 2 yellow firefish, 1 flame angel, 1 coral beauty, 1 rosescale wrasse, 1 Evans Anthias and my Kole tang.

Hello all... can anyone tell me what this frag is... it was 5 bucks so i grabbed it hoping I could revive it... just need the name so I can look it up and research placement, lighting, etc... frag.jpg frag.jpg
Thanks...

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
cyphastria could be a possibility, sorry about the outbreak, i had to deal with one recently, pulled my tank apart and all my fish are in copper now.

Hey would I get yelled at if I took pictures of alot of my frags and ask for identification... Or is there a good site I can check? I have alot of frags that I bought a while back and either I never asked or want told their names and most are doing well... I'm just curious.

Okay the green one on the left... I have several like this but they all are a little different... some grow on the rocks while others have extended stems...20160304_135854.jpg

Here you can see two more like the first one... but they are a little different... I know the one in the middle is a Zoanthid... but not sure which type...

20160304_135905.jpg

Again the bottom red one I believe is a Zoanthid but which... also right above it is another of the green flowery ones separated by one of my favorites... this green/blue flowery one... and yes a different kind of Zoanthid above the green one... only 6 polyps... still growing...

20160304_135924.jpg

Here I have i believe a green mushroom and a mixed Zoanthid...above is my Pulsating Xenia and to the left is an Anemone... believe it or not the Anemone was about 2 inches long by maybe 1/2 inch round when I got him...now over 5 inches long and about 3-4 inches round... he's a beast.. don't know what kind... i think it's Haitian..?

Btw- The green slime on the rock under and over the mushroom has been there for months and hasn't grown... but hasn't gone away... lol

20160304_135942.jpg