• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

NJ Reefers Group Buy @ Keys Critters

NJReefers Sponsored Group Buy

Keyscritters

www.keyscritters.com

NJReefers Club will be sponsoring a group buy from Keys Critters.

Who will be organizing the group buy?

NJReefers Club contact person  Bob Madara aka Ruden aka BobbyLlama

When: Now – ending on 11/30/2005

How do I place my order?

To place your order simply respond to this thread; state the items and quantity needed.

Please include your email address.

What is the pricing?

Keys Critters pricing will be as listed on their web page, which is provided below. If Keys Critters provides additional price discounts the information will be provided here and payments will be based on reduced prices. 

Pack                               Each                   Total
Turbo/Astrea Snail
Algae
25                                   .60                    $15.00
50                                    .48                    $24.00
100                                  .36                    $36.00
200                                  .30                    $60.00
500                                  .24                    $120.00
1000                                .20                    $220.00

Blue Leg Hermit

(mini - not the larger meat eaters) Algae, Detritus
50                                   .36                     $18.00
100                                  .24                     $24.00
200                                  .22                     $44.00
500                                  .20                     $100.00
1000                                .18                     $180.00

Cerith Snail
Algae, Detritus (the good ones)
50                                   .36                      $18.00
100                                  .24                      $24.00
200                                  .22                      $44.00
500                                  .20                      $100.00
1000                                .18                      $180.00

Emerald Crab
(small not the larger meat eater) Algae
3                                      $5.00                  $15.00
6                                      $4.00                  $24.00
12                                    $3.00                  $36.00
25                                    $2.50                  $62.50
50                                    $2.00                  $100.00
100                                  $1.50                  $150.00

Scarlet Hermit

Algae, Diatom, Detritus
3                                      $6.00                  $18.00
6                                      $5.00                  $30.00
12                                    $4.00                  $48.00

Cucumber
Detritus
3                                      $5.00                  $15.00

Brittle/Serpent Star
3                                     $5.00                  $15.00

Why does the buy end on Wednesday 11/30/2005?

Ending the order on Wednesday will allow for the order to be reviewed, any questions answered, and posted for review by the participants. This will ensure the accuracy of the order and allow enough time for the order to be placed on 12/02/2005.

What if I want to change my order?

Changes to orders can be done before the deadline of 11/30/2005.

How to I pay?

Once your order has been received and group pricing determined, you will be sent a paypal invoice.

When will the order be placed?

The order will be placed on Friday 12/02/2005; payments must be received no later than Thursday 12/01/2005.

When will my order be received?

Keys Critters will ship once per week; orders placed by 2 PM on Friday with payment received will be shipped on the following Monday and received on Tuesday.

How much are shipping fees?

Shipping fees will be determined by the location and number of deliveries. All shipping fees will be equally shared by each participant. 

Pick up locations: Central NJ- additional pick up locations maybe warranted if there is enough participation in the buy.  In the event of additional locations are added, they will be assigned by where the majority of purchases are, North, Central, South. 

What if I have questions?

Your questions should be posted to this thread or by contacting Officers@njreefers.org

Thank you

NJRC

couple questions:
1)What kind of cucumbers are being offered/sold?
2) If this is a sanctioned club group buy why cant we get a discount on the prices or shipping? It doesnt seem to me that there is any benefit in doing this and there prices for some things are pretty steep.
3) Is it possible to get less than 25 astreas or 50 ceriths?

I'm interested, my question is how will they be received and distributed?

Jonathan, I'm planning on getting a fair amount of ceriths, I could share a qty less than 50 with you.

Bill

Of course if I read closely and not peeking in between hiding this screen from the boss, I would have seen the pickup info! ::)

couple questions:
1)What kind of cucumbers are being offered/sold?
Jonathan I do not know what type of cucumbers are being sold, I have an email into them currently and will ask.

2) If this is a sanctioned club group buy why cant we get a discount on the prices or shipping? It doesnt seem to me that there is any benefit in doing this and there prices for some things are pretty steep.

Yes this is a NJReefers Club sanctioned buy.

Jonathan NJReefers does not control the shipping price, as stated in the post if a discount is provided by Keys Critters will be passed the discount along to the membership of NJReefers.

NJReefers Club is always looking for better pricing for it's membership. If you know of a place with better pricing or has worked with you on shipping charges in the past please share the information.

Discount-Discounts are provided in us purchasing quantity, hence the group buy.

3) Is it possible to get less than 25 astreas or 50 ceriths?

In all likely hood yes you can order less than the stated amounts. I see Blange is willing to share an order.

thank you for your responses. I just wish the scarlet hermits were cheaper, I should have specified as that is what i thought was a little off base. please let us know if price changes and the species of cucumber.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The way this worked the last go around was that we ended up with free shipping and fantastic discounts. When you order, just say how many YOU want. The discount is based on the whole group so if collectively we order 500 turbos we get the 500 lot price. They then proceeded to bag everything individually and shipped it to two separate locations. We had a $650 order last time so it was pretty big. I'm sure they will accomodate us well this time around also.

Additional discounts and possible free shipping may be available depending on the size of our order. What I would suggest is that you put in what you want to get. If the prices don't work for you in the end you could always back down a little (or out, as the case may be).

Count me in for:

100-astreas
100- turbos
3-cukes
6-scarlet hermits

Has anyone gotten the mini hermits and did they eat your snails?

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Good of the many, Mike. I've had several inquiries over the last two weeks for a Club sponsored group buy. Sorry if the timing doesn't work out for you.

Chris, I have lots of BLH in both of my display tanks. I'm not sure if they're killing them or just using the homes of the expired. I haven't witnessed any of them ripping the snails from their homes, but I have TONS of hermits in Turbo shells.

malulu

NJRC Member
Please help to put me in with:

25 - Turbo Snail
50 - Blue Leg Hermit
50 - Cerith Snail
  6 - Emerald Crab
  6 - Scarlet Hermit
  3 - Cucumber
  3 - Brittle/Serpent Star

thanks.  8)

I'll take 100 cerith and 50 astrea, maybe more if the price drops - so keep me posted!

Don't forget that the ceriths and the BLH are tiny little guys! My stars have grown tremendously since my last order and are now about 6-inches across. My BLH have definitely grown a bit and I'm seeing them in larger shells. However, I've never seen them killing anyone either -- I think my Sally takes care of that for them.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
And then Bob is going to drive up and down the state of NJ delivering the inverts to all who ordered. Just like Santa Clause! NOT! LOL!

Pickup locations will be at the very least central (Jackson). If we can do 2 ships (VOLUME) then we can do one point South/Central and one point North/Central depending on who orders and who's able to receive them. That's the way we did it last time and it worked out pretty well.

"Pickup locations will be at the very least central (Jackson)."

Will you please clarify when you say "at the very least Jackson", do you mean if there is one drop off point it will be Jackson or north of Jackson.

thanks
Francis

if you have a north pick up, i will like to get 25 astreas and 50 ceriths
thank you
ps, please let me know how much and when to pay
thank you
Gabriel

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If we have one drop ship to it will be Jackson. Hopefully we'll have enough to justify a couple of locations or at least have some folks willing to be runners for their area.