• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

NJ Reefers Group Buy @ Keys Critters

I know it's still earlyish in this buy - but perhaps there'd be more interest if it was posted on reefcentral as an active link, not a sticky? I know that I tend to ignore the stickys.........

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I do too, Kathy. Bob is going to update both here and there when we he gets the subtotals done so that there's some traffic there as well.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Power in numbers; OK here are the totals thus far.

Turbo/Astrea =250 ordered thus far @ $.30 each
BLH =250 @ $.22 each
Cerith = 450 @ $.22 each
Emeral Crab = 18 $2.50 each
Scarlet Crab = 12 @ $4.00 each
Cucumbers = 6 @ $5.00 each
Brittle Stars = 6 @ $5.00 each

Let's get the ordering up, we can all save more $$$$

NJRC

Hi,
I havent been on here in long time...if the pick up point is north of Jackson (Sorry Jackson is 2 hours south from me)
) I would like:

Turbo/Astrea Snail
25 .60 $15.00
Blue Leg Hermit
50 .36 $18.00.

Thanks,
Bill

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
ScarletNight is in New Brunswick area
Bill Lange is in the Woodbridge area
Kathy Longo is north of there

If you live too far to pickup, check with one of the folks nearer to you who are ordering to see if they'll bring your order further north. We did that with the orders from the last group buy. I brought a few orders back to my house for the south people to pick up.

:( I just realized how far Jackson is from ME! If we could get the north stuff to Woodbridge or New Brunswick, I'd be willing to bring the North stuff home with me for anyone that wants to pick up from my house?

I dont mind bringing a bunch of people's orders to my house (if my schedule allows) and having them pick it up from me in the evening. I will have to verify my ability to do this in a week or so though. I won't be able to make it to jackson until after 6, is that a problem?

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That's not a problem at all. I usually pick up at FedEx at 9am so I'm home well before 10.

Just curious if there will be a north drop off. I'm in essex county (livingston) and I need some snails...but can't do the drive to jackson. Please let me know if there will be a drop off up here.

I work from home on Tuesdays...so if need be, you could have a package shipped to the fed ex drop off location in East Hanover, and I could pick it up and distribute the goods to the north people if they want that. I don't need all that many snails...but w/a price like this...it's too good to pass up!

Please let me know what the north drop off looks like.

Marc

Looking for away to save your loved ones money over the holidays? Need to orders a new clean up crew? Why not do both at the same time?

We only need a few more orders to reach a $.06 price break on Trubo/Astrea Snails and $.02 on BLH.

Join the fun.

Here are the current totals.

Turbo/Astrea =355 ordered thus far @ $.30 each
BLH =350 @ $.22 each +
Cerith = 545 @ $.20 each *** Additional savings reached
Emeral Crab = 18 $3.00 each
Scarlet Crab = 21 @ $4.00 each
Cucumbers = 8 @ $5.00 each
Brittle Stars = 6 @ $5.00 each

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
What are we actually looking for to justify a split shipment? i.e. total order value or north / south distribution of orders? Are we close?

On the group buy that I did over the summer, the order was split for shipping because we ordered so much that Keys had to ship in two boxes anyway. So, we split it and sent one north and one south. It would be MY guess that something similar would have to happen or the shipping costs will outway the benefit of ordering from them.

We had a $900 order with more than a thousand critters being shipped - we hit the lowest price break on everything except the scarlets, emeralds and cuces. We've got a lot of ordering to do!

I can bring some orders home with me, and would be willing to do some drop offs if everything can wait until evening.

Will Critters pre-sort the individual orders, or do they have to be broken down by us?

Once the pickup is made, how fast do we have to distribute?

Bill

Where is the current Pick up going to be? if i could have a zip code.

I would be in for:

20 Turbo's - $6
30 Ceriths - $6

Seems like for $12...i can't really pass this up...even if it cost me 10 bucks on gas...and an hour or so drive...it'll probably be worth it...but let me know please... thanx!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Bob, I'll take the following:

100 cerith
200 Astrea
2 Brittle Stars

Haggisman: Bill's in the Woodbridge area. Kathy has said she'd pick up and take them further north (Kathy's north of Oradell) if we don't have a "North" distribution. I guess it all boils down to whether we'd rather pay the shipping charges (if we're not already getting two boxes) or the gas prices. From what Kathy says we're already at 1/2 of her order. I think we'll be able to justify the addition location should things keep on this track.

Bill: The faster the better because most of the snails are shipped dry. I picked up around 5 though and stuff that went south from there (Picked up around 7 to drive an hour south) seemed to arrive just fine.

They marked each bag with what and how many, and bagged each order individually. We had to "pull the orders" from the box for distribution. For example, with my order above there would be 3 bags labeled and someone has to go through the box and find 3 bags, one marked 100 cerith, another marked 200 Astrea and the third with the 2 brittles.