• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

November Meeting Bordentown, NJ 11-18-2007

I've got a small 2 foot light on the stingray tank sitting on the cross bars so nothing to get in the way as it can be moved very easily (not mounted). Should make taking pics of the rays a snap!

Carlo

I am hoping to make it... But still up in the air at this moment... If I can make it I will bring my crappy point and shoot Olympus 720 SW which is waterproof without a housing to a depth of 10 foot.. may also bring along the underwater housing as well... But am interested in learning more about the how to use the DSLR's

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I loved my Oly-3040 (it's been passed on) and will probably bring my Oly-8080 along in addition to the DSLR. The 3040 focused faster than the 8080, IMO. So no disparaging the 3020! Looks like we'll have quite a few cameras on hand for the day!

Too bad we don't have a Nikon sales rep coming to the meeting... I smell a group buy brewing!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If you're coming to the meeting, please make sure to register HERE. That's where the head count is kept and the name tags are printed from.

Phyl said:
I loved my Oly-3040 (it's been passed on) and will probably bring my Oly-8080 along in addition to the DSLR. The 3040 focused faster than the 8080, IMO. So no disparaging the 3020! Looks like we'll have quite a few cameras on hand for the day!

Too bad we don't have a Nikon sales rep coming to the meeting... I smell a group buy brewing!

I would be intrested in a D-80

Jason

Carlo said:
. If anyone is going to bring a top-down box I'd love for you to get a couple of good pics of my stingrays for me. They are hard to get from the front.

Oh, I've got the Nikon D200 with the 18-200 lens but still no macro lens.

Carlo
I would be happy to help ...I will bring my AS topdown box and Nikon 105mm macro lense for you to use...also if you want I can bring my new high definition laptop for you to preview your shots LMK

I'll be coming to the meeting too and will bring both my Olympus 510 and my Oly. Stylus 790SW which is also the handy little underwater model. Haven't progressed to fancy lenses yet since I can't get a decent pic on auto mode...lol

billyr98 said:
Phyl said:
Billy, I'm sure there'll be someone else who can sell raffles during the workshop. Bring the cam along!

Great topic, Mike. I can show the Nikon users how to WB, but the we'll have to rely on Brian for the Canon users.

Who cares about canon anyway... maybe we should do two groups... nikon and canon.. I would rather not be in a room with a canon user.. :)

I thought twice about attending but you made up my mind :mad: :mad: :mad:. I will be attending and bringing my Canon Powershot S3. I only use it on the auto setting. Hopefully I will learn a little more in this class.

I don't know if anybody was planning on doing any frag swaps at the meeting but I've got a few tanks I normally use for QT that I'll have filled and ready to use if anyone has a need for them during the meeting. I've got O2 tanks and of course plenty of space for floating bags to keep any frags warm until you are ready to leave.

Carlo

ricwilli said:
billyr98 said:
Phyl said:
Billy, I'm sure there'll be someone else who can sell raffles during the workshop. Bring the cam along!

Great topic, Mike. I can show the Nikon users how to WB, but the we'll have to rely on Brian for the Canon users.

Who cares about canon anyway... maybe we should do two groups... nikon and canon.. I would rather not be in a room with a canon user.. :)

I thought twice about attending but you made up my mind :mad: :mad: :mad:. I will be attending and bringing my Canon Powershot S3. I only use it on the auto setting. Hopefully I will learn a little more in this class.

ok I will be bringing my new HD Canon Camcorder too.. So i don't get any canon people after me ;)

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
ok I will be bringing my new HD Canon Camcorder too.. So i don't get any canon people after me ;)
[/quote]

I guess we can take the Hit off of you now.

Hey I am coming to this as my first meeting, Ill be there with my father, and Im bringing my EOS digital rebel cam. I would love to know how you guys come up with such great pictures because all of mine are junk :)

I didn't know where else to post this, so I'm posting this here:

We have a fairly good amount of hot peppers that needs to be harvested before the frost kills them off. If anyone like hot peppers, please let me know, and we'll be more than happy to bring them with us to the meeing. FREE, of course. ;D

My birds can't eat them all, I don't want them to go to waste, and I've had enough hot foods for a while, if you catch the drift. ;)

---
Wendy

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Bring 'em on! I love hot food and can always find a good use for home grown hot peppers.

JohnS_323 said:
Bring 'em on! I love hot food and can always find a good use for home grown hot peppers.

You got it, John. But please don't say "I didn't warn you" later on because these babies are H O T! Now I LOVE hot foods, and can handle a fair share, but....

Let's just say this: I give those to my parrots, too, as part of their "fresh veggi" diet. I cut them in half and put them on scewers for them. Even after washing my hands I have to be careful about accidentally touching my eyes...etc. :eek:

---
Wendy

PS. I'll just bring all we've got, and will hand them out as wanted/needed.