• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Ocean Revive ArcticT247 LED

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That is awesome to hear. I do like the shimmer that I am getting. I also think the LED colors mix very well.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Brian,
I do not I am bring them up slowly so I do not bleach my corals. I have my blues bank 1 set at 55% and my full color spectrum bank 2 at 35%.

Sorry dan i should have reworded my question. When your finished acclimating what do u think ur final percentages will be that ull use everyday.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I wish I could say. But as I bring them up in brightness I will see how I like the color that they give off. That is one nice thing about the T247 is I can ajust the spectrum of the light. I will keep up dating this thread to my progress as I go.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I did a new hanging setup over my 180 gallon tank.
I started with 1 - 1/16 x 1/2 x 1/2 aluminum angle that will face outwards.
Next I used 1 - 1/16 x 1" x 1" aluminum angle that will face the back side of the tank. The reason I went with 1x1 aluminum angle is that I will hide my cord behind it. I just need to find black extension cords. so you will see them in the photos for now. I drilled holes in the aluminum angle for the light studs to go through. the thread size is 6mm x 1.00mm. Before
With my old setup I had a 1"x1" square tube that had holes in it so I can hang the light from it. But I never got a photo of it. It was UGLY and it drove me nuts just knowing I did it that way. Now there is only three hanger and not eight.
So here are the before and after photos.
Before
ry%3D400

ry%3D480

After
ry%3D480

What I did
ry%3D400

ry%3D480

Flat Black
ry%3D480

Put together all the lights
ry%3D480

Much cleaner look now
ry%3D480

Last edited:

falconut

NJRC Member
Hey Dan, love the new look. Looks so much cleaner than before and nice and straight.

I see the bracket runs right over the fans. If I remember correctly, there's pulling air in the fixture, so the flow would be coming out the other slots. Do the fixtures still feel like they're pulling a good amount of air? I can feel the air coming out of mine, so if your can, then you're probably fine.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hey Dan, love the new look. Looks so much cleaner than before and nice and straight.

I see the bracket runs right over the fans. If I remember correctly, there's pulling air in the fixture, so the flow would be coming out the other slots. Do the fixtures still feel like they're pulling a good amount of air? I can feel the air coming out of mine, so if your can, then you're probably fine.
Thank you. I have about 1/8 gap between the lights and the aluminum angle. So there is no restrictions of air flow. They are pulling a lot of air and I can feel the air coming out.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nice clean look Dan.

When I was acclimating my corals and simply had the lights hanging without a cover, the light fall off in front of the tank was blinding. Do you have a similar problem.....or do the lens direct most light down?

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nice clean look Dan.

When I was acclimating my corals and simply had the lights hanging without a cover, the light fall off in front of the tank was blinding. Do you have a similar problem.....or do the lens direct most light down?

Paul I do not have that problem at all. The lights are very well thought out by Ocean Revive. They out perform fare better than I would ever have thought.

For the moment, Hello, to everybody.
Are yesterday I am a proud owner of 2 Arctic T247 lamps.
Are the absolute insanity.
My question......
Is there a with which I sunrise and setting can simulate?

Do you have an idea or link like me this with the great lamp can realise?

Many greetings from Germany

20140526_202743.jpg

20140526_142323.jpg

20140526_142544.jpg

20140526_142612.jpg

20140526_143646.jpg

20140526_171109.jpg

20140526_202737.jpg