• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Oh no he didn't, oh yes he did 180 gal build

2n8pA.jpg

It's a shame. The rock is great, but the service there just plain sucks. It took me just shy of 2 months to get mine, and that was calling every other day.

It's a shame. The rock is great, but the service there just plain sucks. It took me just shy of 2 months to get mine, and that was calling every other day.

REALLY!? That is good to know then that I am not alone. I ordered on October 7th, payment cleared October 9th. Last e-mail I have is from November 29th saying:

"Things got crazy around here.. System brake down,s stopping production.. Just got done building a new filter system for our water supply for washing system, for the rock... Got a back log of orders to get out.. Got one of the guys building a crate for part of your order.. I will refund you money and still ship out your order...

Steve"

I said Nov 29th: "I appreciate that, any idea of ship date or refund amount? I'm just hoping to get my tank cycling soon."

and then NO RESPONSE since then, so I send Dec 3:

"
Steve,

Please advise me if the rock is going to ship this week or not. If the rock does not ship this week I would like a full refund. The order was placed beginning of October we are now into December. I understand it is a custom order and that these things take time and there were minor set backs with your personal life as well as business issues. Again though if the order does not ship this week please issue a full refund to me as anything beyond this week is not acceptable.

Thank you,

Brandon"

I won't post all the e-mails, but I am STEAMED!

I had so many excuses I can't even remember them all. One that sits out is that it has been raining nonstop. I heard that one at least 3 times. I actually started checking the weather at his location and finally called him on it, only to get another excuse.

I had so many excuses I can't even remember them all. One that sits out is that it has been raining nonstop. I heard that one at least 3 times. I actually started checking the weather at his location and finally called him on it, only to get another excuse.

it took about 3 weeks to get mine. 100lbs. Im actually still waiting on sand as i'm looking to have different layers of sand in the tank(half his & half fiji pink) it's been about 5 weeks on the sand.. but for basically nothing, it's fine with me.

I called today no answer. If he doesn't call me back or email me I'm calling Chase.

Since it was a PayPal invoice would I call them or chase since I used my debit card?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I called today no answer. If he doesn't call me back or email me I'm calling Chase.

Since it was a PayPal invoice would I call them or chase since I used my debit card?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I called paypal today, they said since it is past 45 days that they cannot do anything for me. They said that since I used my bank account that I cannot go through chase as it is basically similar to writing a check.

My only recourse apparently is small claims court.... ugh I don't even know what to do! I am so pissed.

Call Chase anyway, but they are right. This is why I NEVER and I caution everyone I know to NEVER make an online purchase using a Debit Card!!! You have no protection!! Yeah it says Visa, M/C, etc on the card, but you have NO PROTECTION from things like this!!

Sorry to hear this, At this point I would just do what I did, call and email over and over. I gotta say though, and this is just a thought. Go to his site and email through there, as if you are inquiring about buying them as a new customer. When I did this the first time he was quick to cantact me. He loves to make the sale, just everything stalls after that. But It might be a good way to get him on the phone.

kevin can you ask her if it matters how the funds came out of my account please?

Basically he sent a paypal invoice for me to pay. I paid the invoice while signed into my paypal account by doing a bank transfer since I'm verified. I did not need to put in my debit card information, it came directly from my checking account.

Paypal told me I'm basically SOL and there is nothing them or the bank can do. That I'd have to file small claims court against him.