• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Old R2R - New Store Info

i went there today and i was pretty impressed. the pricing wasn't so bad and they had a lot of fish. one downside was there was two fish that looked like midas blennies in one tank. the price for the midas was $50. i thought they were both midas and i wanted the larger one so i asked the guy if they are both midas blennies and if they're the same price. he told me that they were both midas and both $50, so i took the larger one. now as i get home, im reading on the bag that it says watchman goby and as i look more carefully its definitely not a midas, it kinda has different colors. i think they just ripped me off and told me it was a midas blenny so they can get the $50. otherwise i was excited to go back until i found this out.

i went there today and i was pretty impressed. the pricing wasn't so bad and they had a lot of fish. one downside was there was two fish that looked like midas blennies in one tank. the price for the midas was $50. i thought they were both midas and i wanted the larger one so i asked the guy if they are both midas blennies and if they're the same price. he told me that they were both midas and both $50, so i took the larger one. now as i get home, im reading on the bag that it says watchman goby and as i look more carefully its definitely not a midas, it kinda has different colors. i think they just ripped me off and told me it was a midas blenny so they can get the $50. otherwise i was excited to go back until i found this out.
When the Midas bleenys are stressed they will turn colors and look strange... So this may be why it doesn't look right.. And a Midas and a watchman are kind of hard to mistake they look very different. How about a picture to see what you actually have..

When the Midas bleenys are stressed they will turn colors and look strange... So this may be why it doesn't look right.. And a Midas and a watchman are kind of hard to mistake they look very different. How about a picture to see what you actually have..

i know a watchman and a midas are difficult to mistake. everything about it says its a blenny, its about 5 inches long, and has the same kind of horn things that my algae blenny has. his tail is like a midas tail. i would take a picture of him but he's been hiding in the same crevice since i put him in the tank.

Aquarium Care Center

Sponsor
Gold Sponsor
Hello its John From ACC. I am not sure what happened, although I do remember helping you out with the fish purchase. I will check our inventory sheets tomorrow and get to the bottom of it. If you are able to stop by or give me a call at the store tomorrow, I assure you we will get it cleared up. If there was a mistake, we will gladly issue you a credit for the difference, or you can return the fish for a full credit (if you can grab it out of tank). Whatever you choose, I would like to offer you a store credit for 15.00 for your inconvenience. We are still in the process of streamlining our systems online, and our price boards will be replaced with touch screens which will help us control inventory and help prevent errors in the future. Please be assured if there was a mistake, it was not deliberate. We strive to develop lifelong customer relationships and we want our customers to be 100% satisfied. I look forward to hearing from you.

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
i think they just ripped me off and told me it was a midas blenny so they can get the $50. otherwise i was excited to go back until i found this out.

Pretty harsh accusation and comment, to just "assume" they were trying to "rip" you off. Seems more like an honest mistake and from their response they seem more than happy to accommodate you. It may even be a midas blenny from the way you are describing it. ;)

Hello its John From ACC. I am not sure what happened, although I do remember helping you out with the fish purchase. I will check our inventory sheets tomorrow and get to the bottom of it. If you are able to stop by or give me a call at the store tomorrow, I assure you we will get it cleared up. If there was a mistake, we will gladly issue you a credit for the difference, or you can return the fish for a full credit (if you can grab it out of tank). Whatever you choose, I would like to offer you a store credit for 15.00 for your inconvenience. We are still in the process of streamlining our systems online, and our price boards will be replaced with touch screens which will help us control inventory and help prevent errors in the future. Please be assured if there was a mistake, it was not deliberate. We strive to develop lifelong customer relationships and we want our customers to be 100% satisfied. I look forward to hearing from you.

Wow this right here shows that this store has something many of my lfs don't. They actually care about customer satisfaction

Lostinthedark

NJRC Member
I was there yesterday at about the same time. I spent about 1/2 hour talking to John about his plans and aspirations. Seems like a great bunch of people. He seemed to care a lot more about the live stock and customer satisfaction then then turning a quick profit. I wish them all the best.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wow this right here shows that this store has something many of my lfs don't. They actually care about customer satisfaction

+1 Couldn't agree more. If only the one near us with the same sounding name (the one without the Care in the middle... or maybe that's what's really missing?) did the same I'd be a happier customer. :p

While I agree 100% and think its great that they responded the way they did actually thinking they are being too generous until they are sure there was a mistake. I just hope it continues, unfortunately everyone starting up kind of needs to act the part,hopefully they stay this way and stay in business for a very long time to come..

Was there tonight and picked up a gorgeous piece of Blastomusa LPS coral, 20+ polyps on rock.

With regards to the fish, that comment was harsh and knowing John, he will take care of the issue for you no questions asked, no matter who's at fault. That's the customer service we all deserve. My friend knows the ownership of this Utopia we now have. He's a stand up guy and has been in the marine industry for 20+ years. He's tied in to all the big manufacturers and knows all the big players in the business....

John is a hobbyist just like us. Is he in business there to make a living, sure... We all make a living to provide for our families.

Being in business for myself for 20 plus years, I sized up John in one session of talking with him. He'll be there for a looooooong time servicing us customers!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just want to add, it's such a pleasure to see that this store is carrying and will be carrying cutting edge "Current" products. Other stores carry stale old dusty crap and refuse to stock current technology.

I had a huge discussion today with 2 of my friends that are also in the hobby. Ones a salt guy and one has a spectacular brackish tank... We all conclude that the other stores in the area's customer service is just piss poor, same old dry goods from the 80's and 90's and overpriced plain box corals and fish selection.

I've been treated so poorly by the other stores, I refused to give them my dry good business in the last 2 years. I've upgraded my lighting to Radion Gen2, running a APEX NEPTUNE FULL version controller and setup a complete (RODI which I had to buy at local, was emergency) automated water change system, also bought a huge Reef Octopus XP3000 external skimmer . Other stores said they could get it, but I just couldn't give them the business after being treated so poorly!!!

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
+1 Couldn't agree more. If only the one near us with the same sounding name (the one without the Care in the middle... or maybe that's what's really missing?) did the same I'd be a happier customer. :p
LMAO, so true, but they now have a commercial on TV, I've seen it a couple of times recently. Doesn't that count?!

While I agree 100% and think its great that they responded the way they did actually thinking they are being too generous until they are sure there was a mistake. I just hope it continues, unfortunately everyone starting up kind of needs to act the part,hopefully they stay this way and stay in business for a very long time to come..
I'm with you greybolt, EVERYONE raves when a new store comes around and they are ALL hooked up with the right vendors. The question is always will the place be able to survive with high standards and expectations.

Don't take this wrong, I am not badmouthing nor do I have a reason to, but I have seen a few places come and go with rave reviews and fresh new concepts in marketing. I am just as excited as the next person to get myself over there and experience all they have to offer.

wish i saw this earlier...looks like i will be making a trip there this weekend...(good thing my girl works around the corner and can "visit" her hahaha)

he finally came out of hiding for a short while today and i saw him swimming around. I would definitely put my money on it being a midas blenny. i think it had some strange colors when it was stressed from driving him home and introducing him to a new tank. either way im happy with the fish and i dont think any return or store credit is necessary. thank you for such a fast response John even though it was my fault. sorry for creating all the confusion, i cant wait to come back to the shop. again, i really appreciate your attentiveness and generosity and i apologize for all the fuss i caused over nothing.

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
I just left ACC with my wife and son, I was really impressed, I spoke with John, met his wife and spoke to another staff member ( sorry I didn't catch your name) we loved the store. I got the feeling from talking to them that the are genuinely very nice people who care about there customers and this hobby.
I will defiantly go back they had a nice selection of fish and coral I couldn't leave without buying something so I bought a clam and a blasto frag. Thanks John