• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

One tank 2 tank, small tank big tank

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sorry to hear that Jon. Leave the SPS's in there for awhile. Most of the time, they come back.

Oh wow...Im sorry to hear,and sent pm before I read and posted.Im sure I can set you up with a few frags :) but maybe yr new tank is off some? Ive done (changed)tanks a few times and added all the corals atta time,with no prob's.Justa suggestion.lemme know about the frags when yr ready

Sorry to hear about your corals,
I don't have a lot of corals but I can give you a piece of my branching frogspawn to replace the other one if you want.

thanks guys, i think im going to hold off for the time being though. im starting to see alittle bit of hair algae sprout (im guessing from die off) and i want to deal with that first.

i have since did alittle rescaping so ill have to take a few more new shots but these are from about a week ago.
IMG_4170.jpg

picked up a christmas wrasse
IMG_4144.jpg

IMG_4146.jpg

IMG_4154.jpg

IMG_4155.jpg

IMG_4161.jpg

IMG_41655.jpg

IMG_4186-1.jpg

IMG_4188-1.jpg

i had her about 2-3 days and she disapeared. stupid fish lol
IMG_4202.jpg

what a gorgeous wrasse. Is the tank open topped? I have an open-top also but knock on wood have only had one jumper.

What's the last fish?

its a christmas wrasse and the last fish is a female divided wrasse/vermiculate wrasse which lived for 2 or 3 days and disapeared. dont believe it jumped as no bodies have been recovered from the search and rescue.

my tank is open top however the DIY t5s do a good job covering it except a few inches on either side which i laid boards for the time being until i redo my canopy

So you've moved to search and recovery?

I had a firefish disappear on me for 3 days. I even took out the pvc cave it hid in (stupid me - it was wedged in there with it's dorsal fin). Kept checking the floor and the filter sock. Anyways - it came back out after it got used to my hyper tang.

Hopefully your wrasse is just adjusting.

hopefully just adjusting but its been gone for a week+ and my sand looks dirty and theres algae outbreaking. signs dont look good.

Jon tank looks great. Got all your plumbing done?

How is the C.B. Butterfly doing?

My RBTA moved to the back of the tank ::) but at least out of the way. See how long it lasts. Thanks again.

thanks, the tanks pretty much done besides a canopy and lights, which i have everything for - just need to build.
the CBB seems to be doing great, eating and the longnose even better, eating like a monster, even taking pellets which the CCB will eat too but not as much as the longnose.
you can always slightly aim a powerhead towards the nem or change the flow pattern in the tank and it will prob. walk again.

you can always slightly aim a powerhead towards the nem or change the flow pattern in the tank and it will prob. walk again.

Funny but he walked almost right in front of where one of the wavemakers is. Fine where he is as at least I don't have to move everything around. If a baby kenya tree falls off and gets eaten so be it ;D. At least I don't have to redo the tank every night.

The CBB is one fish I would like to try eventually. I want to see how folks are doing with them. You get it at AO?

honestly i got one from AO and it didnt make it, i got another from red sand and appears to be doing great, like i said ive witnessed it eating a pellet. both fish ate at the stores.