• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

other hobbies.

since I've been asked a few times what my screen name stands for.

here are several pictures of my other hobby.
n610888845_1136752

n610888845_1136754

n610888845_1136753

obviously my other hobby is cars!

Other hobbies for me:

Cars (Have a 2005 GTO that I race quite often)
Record collecting (Probably have over 1500 LPs and 7"s)
Hockey (played since I was a little tyke and I still watch every single Rangers game)

Pictures of your evo did not show up .
Auto's Between cars right now-Had a 2003 Cobra(600 hp) and will be getting a 2006 or up Z06 . Just easier to buy it with a decent amount of hp then getting into modding it right now.
I've been lucky to have been able to drive some of the best cars out there .
Sculpting- All types of art but playing with sculpting right now .
Collecting 1968-1972 Hotwheels cars
Collecting Toys from the 20's and up
Fishing Salt and Fresh water
Nascar
Daughters Gymnastics

qwik said:
Pictures of your evo did not show up .
Auto's Between cars right now-Had a 2003 Cobra(600 hp) and will be getting a 2006 or up Z06 . Just easier to buy it with a decent amount of hp then getting into modding it right now.
I've been lucky to have been able to drive some of the best cars out there .
Sculpting- All types of art but playing with sculpting right now .
Collecting 1968-1972 Hotwheels cars
Collecting Toys from the 20's and up
Fishing Salt and Fresh water
Nascar
Daughters Gymnastics

I love Z06's, but you could get a C6 for cheaper and mod it up for cheaper and have it run faster than a stock Z06. A bit more work, but well worth it. C6's are running in the 11s stock with a simple tune right now.

I have modded and raced very car/bike I owned and just aint up for it right now due to my bad back and family obligations . A modded c-6 will be fast but other factors just wont be there . The light weight parts, suspension,resale,looks(?),etc. If I was going to mod again another 03 cobra(twin turbo this time) would be my choice . By the time you add up mods to the c-6 you will be close to a used z06 (40 k wholesale) without a warrenty . Nothing is as nice as beating a car and having a warrenty,without one it gets real expensive real fast .When reselling you can toss all the mod money out the window, also harded to sell a mod car . I also plan on buying it wholesale and using until I sell it retail ;D Benifits of a dealers license ;D
A z06 with tune,air intake should be in the 11's easy and thats really all you need if you can get it to hook.

carefull, if you keep doing that, may have to quit participating in the discussions here cause you won't have a leg to stand on... then you can go work at ihop

I modify and Offroad my Jeep GrandCherokee (Also very expensive) Getting ready to rebuild the trans and replace a front drive shaft

RC Planes (Nitro)

and i have 6 years in Vol. Fire Dept

i guess most people are also into cars as well as the side hobbies. not a huge fan of domestics but I respect their power. vettes all around are beastly. have a friend pushing 900whp on a 06gt. built bottom up. he wants to race me to proove domestics are better and I only push 330whp. really a no brainer. i'm not into the hype of import vs domestic. i'm more $$ vs HP then you get into platform vs platform.

I grew up with american hp/cars -big engine no handling (lol) . I have driven many imports and love the balanced package most have . My buddy had a 700+hp Evo and it was a great ride just not all that reliable and a fortune to get to that hp level . Same thing as my 03 Cobra, to a certain hp level there fine,start pushing and parts break. Engine is strong but tranny shafts ,axles(irs ???), clutch all have to be upgraded also . Thats where it starts to add up . For me right now its ease of going fast, not having to do major mods for respectful power ,reliability ,warranty and resale in a few months .

It is cars for me as well. But I enjoy my highly modified 1982 VW rabbit pickup Just enough HP and some looks.

2005_19_01_09_11_07_24.jpg

qwik said:
I grew up with american hp/cars -big engine no handling (lol) . I have driven many imports and love the balanced package most have . My buddy had a 700+hp Evo and it was a great ride just not all that reliable and a fortune to get to that hp level . Same thing as my 03 Cobra, to a certain hp level there fine,start pushing and parts break. Engine is strong but tranny  shafts ,axles(irs ???), clutch all have to be upgraded also . Thats where it starts to add up . For me right now its ease of going fast, not having to do major mods for respectful power ,reliability ,warranty and resale in a few months .

Like your Farb avatar BTW. I used to have a bunch of those. Gone with the wind, as they say.

I grow some orchids, and also weird caudex plants like pachypodium sp. Unlike the orchids, they are "unkillable in normal culture."

I used to collect stuff, like liquor minis (500+ of those) and old gumball and peanut machines. Now I've run out of space and can't collect anything, except fish, corals, and memories. Sometimes I think my hobby is fixing all the broken stuff on my house. Not much fun, really.

I have a two year old ;D that is about all the energy I have. I also do martial arts ... mostly to learn to defend myself against the 2 year old. Oh and we have some gardens in the warm months.

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
Come on Jim,
You can tell us the truth the martial arts training is for future frag swaps to fight your way to the front of the lines. ;)