• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

other hobbies.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Well, I would hardly consider myself a musician...But I've been playing drums for about 15 years or so, Ive been in a few bands but it's just for fun usually.

I guess Photography has become a new hobby that was born out of this hobby! I also collect KISS memorabilia..my basement is a KISS shrine basically!

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Most people don't know this but I play in a Rock Band nightly . . . . no wait, I play Rock Band nightly.

Besides that, diving and golf are my two favorite hobbies.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm the guitarist in John's imaginary band. Brian really IS a musician and won't play rock band with us. Jim, watch it... you're dangerously close. ;D

Running confernces, photography, diving, our 2 kids (not one of John's hobbies?! lol).

after raising 4 sons, with the youngest 21 now, i can now afford and drive an H3........
I've been involved and work in the photography field for over 30 something years......
some people have cars---i have cameras---old ones, very old ones, little ones, big ones,new ones, IR ones and i enjoy shooting closeups, landscapes in both color and IR, anything and everything cept ' PEOPLE '---after photographing weddings for over 25 years shooting nature is very relaxing, peaceful and very slow paced
enjoy it totally
steve

photography is a cool form of art. i remember photography class and creating black and white images were a blast. still think that form of pictures actually look best.

back in a day i DID develop and print b&w ---it was fun, smelly and i still have alot of the prints i did of my sons---today, b&w is easily done either in the camera or on the pc---alot faster that way with less smell
Steve

oh yea---almost forgot---i'm an open water cert. diver---its been awhile since my last dive---but planning on changing that real soon--wanna start underwater photography and start a ' real salt ' water tank
steve

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Oh yeah, diving! I do that too! Open water, basically a vacation diver and the only reason I don't play Rock Band is because I couldn't fit another set of drums in the house!

danthemanj

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Hirobo said:
Flying remote control helicopters and cars for me

I was wondering where I heard your screen name before.....Hirobo helicopters......

I used to fly RC airplanes (but decided against a screen name of cox or futaba :)). I'd like to get into RC helicopters someday, maybe you can point me in the right direction..

For now, I'm into reefing, flying and diving.

i would figure that would be an expensive hobby as well. i know friends who used to have gas RC cars and used to spend near 500+ and then parts when they crashed them.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Brian said:
... and the only reason I don't play Rock Band is because I couldn't fit another set of drums in the house!

The guitars are small! ;D

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Phyl said:
Brian said:
... and the only reason I don't play Rock Band is because I couldn't fit another set of drums in the house!

The guitars are small! ;D

But they totally rip you off if you buy the just the guitar and the game...plus I would like to have the microphone too...but I don't think they even sell that seperately.

danthemanj said:
Hirobo said:
Flying remote control helicopters and cars for me

I was wondering where I heard your screen name before.....Hirobo helicopters......

I used to fly RC airplanes (but decided against a screen name of cox or futaba :)). I'd like to get into RC helicopters someday, maybe you can point me in the right direction..

For now, I'm into reefing, flying and diving.

Yup thats what i fly been flying them for 12 years now if you need help let me know

After aquariums comes trains. When I'm done with all the consolidations from the 180 upgrade I should have room for a new 10' x 12' layout. I model S hi-rail.

Use to play hockey (goalie) now I watch. I've had the privlege of skating with Rod Gilbert and Ogie Oglethorpe!

A bit of a gamer before controllers had more buttons than I had fingers and a bit of a computer geek. I owned and modified one or the first 1000 Radio Shack TRS-80 model 1's made. I think it's still in the garage somewhere. I love games like the original Warcraft and Starcraft. Not into the new online worlds.

Dabbled in photography a long time ago although you can't tell from my digital skills.

evoIX said:
i guess most people are also into cars as well as the side hobbies. not a huge fan of domestics but I respect their power. vettes all around are beastly. have a friend pushing 900whp on a 06gt. built bottom up. he wants to race me to proove domestics are better and I only push 330whp. really a no brainer. i'm not into the hype of import vs domestic. i'm more $$ vs HP then you get into platform vs platform.

You ever go to Street Wars at E-town? It's domestic VS import. It's a pretty fun day, usually, albeit pretty long as well since a TON of imports always break (guys having big turbo kits with a lot of boost on a stock bottom end = FAIL) and have to be cleaned up.

Wow all these exciting hobbies. Unless I missed someone it looks like just John and I are golfers. Oh I like to fish too - maybe one of you divers could actually coax a frigging fish onto my hook once in a while.