• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

other hobbies.

Im also an rc freak
I have a few different scale cars, a truck and a trex helecopter.
That thing is hard to fly, its probably more nerves than anythng with that.
Hirbro if you are in Bergen county you should come by. Maybe I could get a lesson on the heli
There is a nice indoor track for 18th-12th scale close by also

Also a golfer

My other big hobby is bluegrass music. The kind of stuff that most normal people would have nothing to do with! I collect posters, photos, and other junk related to the music. In fact, I have my collection posted on a website – www.bgcollector.net. It’s not as up to date as I would like, but reefing has been keeping me busy lately.

I’m also a rhythm guitar player and own a nice selection of guitars, mostly Martin vintage acoustics. I haven’t played in a regular band in years, but I still love getting together a group of friends for an afternoon of playing. We’ll be jamming in front of the reef tank this weekend!

rgarofalo said:
Im also an rc freak
I have a few different scale cars, a truck and a trex helecopter.
That thing is hard to fly, its probably more nerves than anythng with that.
Hirbro if you are in Bergen county you should come by. Maybe I could get a lesson on the heli
There is a nice indoor track for 18th-12th scale close by also

Also a golfer

Im down in Ocean county maybe we can get together this summer and fly

jimroth said:
qwik said:
I grew up with american hp/cars -big engine no handling (lol) . I have driven many imports and love the balanced package most have . My buddy had a 700+hp Evo and it was a great ride just not all that reliable and a fortune to get to that hp level . Same thing as my 03 Cobra, to a certain hp level there fine,start pushing and parts break. Engine is strong but tranny shafts ,axles(irs ???), clutch all have to be upgraded also . Thats where it starts to add up . For me right now its ease of going fast, not having to do major mods for respectful power ,reliability ,warranty and resale in a few months .

Like your Farb avatar BTW. I used to have a bunch of those. Gone with the wind, as they say.

Now that you named my avatar I will have to post up a new one . I only have a few from childhood also .My collection contains about 7000 cars . Every car made from 1968-72 loose and mint ,many packaged . Some prototype'sand one off's .Can you say addiction .

holy cow batman. paintman that looks awesome. do you own one or can you rent? how fast do they go?

Bryan, i would say so. knew a lot of people that did got a new tattoo almost every other month.

i personally have 3 and will need to get another.

wife's name on left wrist
son's name on right wrist
jersey outline on my right shoulder

i did it while i was in the Navy over in Spain.

next one is my new born's name still haven't figure the final destination. plus baby prints of both my sons over my jersey tattoo(looking to get it removed).

Oh I've got "other" hobbies all right. ;D

Here they are:
Max11-5-083.jpg

Quincy12-30-06.jpg

Hunter.jpg

...and once it warms up:
8-7-07.5.jpg

8-7-07.4.jpg

SalviaDelphRoses6-3-08-1.jpg

evoIX said:
cool. nice bird. they make too much noise for me. grandfather used to have 20+ different types of birds.

There's actually 2 different birds. And they're quiet. They don't scream. But boy do they talk. ;D

evoIX said:
ha. they poop a lot too. do you let them fly around the house or keep them caged?

They do? Wasn't aware of that, especially since neither one of them "normally" poops outside the cage (they're poopy trained).

They are fully flighted right now, but that doesn't mean I let them cruise around at free will. Heck, Quincy plays Kamikaze during breeding season, and I don't want anyone getting hurt. :-X They do get plenty of "out" time, and they have tons of toys which get changed weekly. The funniest thing with them is that when they communicate with each other, they often use our language. ;D

JRWOHLER said:
Wendy your flowers are as nice as your tanks. Guess you have a rainbow thumb. ;D

Thank you so much, JR. I don't know about rainbow thumb though, LOL. It's just that I don't know my limits. As of last year I now have a pot ghetto along with the regular garden. :-[

Bryan, Hahn's Macaws and Jardine's parrots are sure nice! ;D

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
JerseyWendy said:
of last year I now have a pot ghetto along with the regular garden. :-[

Ok... I can't for the life of me figure out what a "pot ghetto" is!

Phyl said:
Ok... I can't for the life of me figure out what a "pot ghetto" is!

LOL, sorry about that, Phyl. A pot ghetto is when you accumulate a whole bunch of pots (in my case from big to enormous...and a dozen or so), and plant roses in them, too, and then put those pots anywhere you find room. ;D