• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Our 30 Gallon Cube (pics included)

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
This guy hides a lot as we found out the clowns are not big fans of him (they are not big fans of anyone):
DSC_0459.jpg

We have had a lot of trouble in the past with pearlberry under T5s, generally browns out and becomes ultra sensitive to any water param changes or pests. We got a nice piece of it and put it under the LEDs and it looks AMAZING:
DSC_0510.jpg

We bought the yellow watchman from trop when he was about .5", he was temporarily paired with our yasha goby and a candy pistol shrimp, but he was 1) growing too fast for the 12g and 2) a jumper, so into the covered 30g he went. He is growing nicely, just reclusive (as a result of over crowding in my opinion).

NikkiT said:
He is growing nicely, just reclusive (as a result of over crowding in my opinion).

I have one in a 180 and I see him a couple of times a month. Just the nature of the beast to hide I think.

blange3 said:
NikkiT said:
He is growing nicely, just reclusive (as a result of over crowding in my opinion).

I have one in a 180 and I see him a couple of times a month. Just the nature of the beast to hide I think.

I hope your right, I feel guilty at the moment. I am hopping that once he is in a larger tank, we will see him more!

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yea, I had a yellow watchman and he was hiding so much that he literally scraped his own fins off from darting into the rocks all the time. It was hard to lose him, he was such a great looking fish. I called him Herman as it just seemed to fit his facial features.

Jcurry@wesketch said:
NikkiT said:
I am hopping that once he is in a larger tank, we will see him more!

LOL don't hold your breath! I had one in my 125 and saw it once every three months, maybe.
:-[ he is such a neat fish!
Once we move the wrasse into the 57, i am hoping to pair him with a pistol and I had my fingers crossed that I would see him more.