• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Our 30 Gallon Cube (pics included)

really cool. I wish I lived closer to trop.

I noticed a frag in front of the bsjawfish home. Be warned - their digging behavior sometimes causes them to dump mouthfuls of sand on the nearest frag. Also my pearly likes to grab pepples/frags (if he could) and line the entrance and at night even cover the entrance.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
We have been having a tug of war with the jawfish for the past week with the coral pieces. We are especially fond of that sunset because it disappeared on us and then we were able to bring it back to health and it is spreading nicely. We finally dumped in a bunch of empty seashells and dead coral skeletons around his burrow and took away the sunset monti and purple haze monti he was trying to bury. He seems quite happy now and has a much tighter burrow.

After dropping 1/2 cup of seashells into the tank so that the jawfish would leave our frags alone. . . we had to move the sunset monti. Then move it again. Then move it again. He successfully reincorporated it into his borrow not once, not twice, but three times, which is impressive given that the frag is attached to a donut like support. Sigh. And you are right, he covers the entrance of his borrow at night with a frag on a plastic plug that he stole, and successfully killed. Sigh.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I will get another top down shot, unfortunatley there will be not shots of the clams as we lost those :( My computer is acting up (can't connect to the internet so pic posting has slowed down.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
We moved a bunch of the rock work around so the tank was rather cloudy on top of the jaw fish redigging his burrow. So to mark the B.C. A.D. split here is our pistol shrimp (he molted in the bucket).

ad30pistol.jpg

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Well the sand storm subsided enough to take a picture. Everyone ate well tonight.

ad30fts.jpg

We added a new baby to this tank last week, a fish we have been in love with for a long time, but could never have because the tank was open-toped. Well, since we have a cover on the 30G now for the jawfish, we decided to move the gold assessor basslet to the 20g. . . which opened up space in the 30G for our new baby. . . a Mystery Wrasse!
Will post pics tonight (provided he doesn't keep hiding from the camera) :)

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
This little bugger is a pain to get pictures of. The flame angel is also letting the wrasse know who is boss which also makes it tough. It should be interesting when the wrasses realizes it is a wrasse and decides not to take it anymore.

The fish is blurry but the reflection is kinda clear:
ad30mystery.jpg

A great shot with the BSJ:
ad30mysterybsj.jpg

Our duncan which was a one headed freebe from Mr. Coral:
ad30duncan.jpg

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Couple of updates on this tank as well.

Here is the frag rack, all of these zoos where survivors from the crash.
ad30fragrack.jpg

Here is another shot of the mystery and the angel mooning me:
ad30mysteryangel.jpg

We made a new purchase, we decided to pair our mandarins. We picked up a male from Trop that looked great. Will work on getting better pictures, consider this a teaser:
ad30mandarins.jpg

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Some fish pics too:
Flame angel, you can see the blue spots head poking up:
ad30flame.jpg

Flame and the picasso:
ad30flameclown.jpg

My clowns hosting the duncan:
ad30picassos.jpg

ad30picassos1.jpg

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
The gorgonian in the front is a deep purple, I picked it up at Reef to Reptiles. The one in the back is yellow with purple polyps and got it at Trop.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Here are some better pics of the gorgonians and the new tiger sponge I picked up.
ad30puplegorg.jpg

ad30redgorg.jpg

ad30tigersponge.jpg

ad30tigersponge1.jpg

And our gonis
ad30greengoni.jpg

ad30redgoni.jpg

Some of you might recognize the yellow & pink goni from the 20g. . . the black & white clowns harassed it so much it had to be relocated to the 30g, but it sure likes it in there!