• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

PHILLIES - NL EAST CHAMPS!!

billyr98 said:
C'Mon I can't be the only fan in the club!!

Go Phils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Mets!! ??? ???

Your not the only Phan ;D some of us are watching football 8) and entertaining our wife's friends ::)

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Since this is a family friendly board, I can't even begin to express how I would like to respond to this thread.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
JohnS_323 said:
Since this is a family friendly board, I can't even begin to express how I would like to respond to this thread.

John, I have Mod rights here, would you like me to hide it somewhere?

billyr98 said:
C'Mon I can't be the only fan in the club!!

Go Phils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Mets!! ??? ???

Not so sure I want to go public with this - but Mets fan here - and pretty miserable. Not much to say. The red eyes of David Wright says it all.

Congrats to the phils.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
phil519 said:
The red eyes of David Wright says it all.

David Wright isn't the only with red eyes tonight. As a few of these guys know, I bleed orange and blue. I'm completely devasted. I had to stare at my tank for about an hour just to bring my blood pressure down to 320/185!

Yeah, I'm pretty miserable too . . .

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Will is a Mets fan too. Maybe he'll cut us Met fans a break and TRIPLE the prices for the phillies fans.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
harryk said:
So who's gonna get the can? Omar or Willie?

Should be Omar. During the off season, Willie said they needed more and better pitching. Omar disagreed and basically said "make do with what you have". It was definitely a pen full of tired arms that cost them their place in the play offs. Sadly, it'll probably be Rick Peterson who pays the price.

Interestingly enough their slide started when they brought in Ricky Henderson (negative influence IMO). I think they stopped playing as a team. they stopped hitting. Granted their pitching definately was lacking. Oh well better luck next year

Sad, sad day in Met land. It was both the hitting and pitching. There were quite a few loses where they didn't score enough runs. I don't believe Omar or Willie should be let go. Willie is still learning and Omar is great. You don't always have to let someone go. I believe we can win a championship eventually with these two in their positions. Tonight my line is "Go Big Blue" - note this is coming from a Jets fan :)

agree with chase...

We lost 12 games to the phils...(though maybe my addition may be off)...

9/20 - we lost to the marlins when we were up 7-4 in the 9th inning (albeit wagner was hurt).

To JohnS's point though...Omar traded away bannister (12-9) to kansas city - for an unknown bullpen guy who ended up on the dl. His 12-9 to replace pelfrey (3~8) or sosa (9~8) and we'd be in business.

Too many different people contributed to this mess. Even "MVP" wright had his usual share of errors at 3B. I mean I don't expect him to be a gold glove, but sometimes one wonders if too much pressure is placed on him being "the man". Cliff Floyd used to speak up. These days it's wagner but he's a pitcher. Somehow I think they miss that "guy" in the clubhouse.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
chase33 said:
I don't believe Omar or Willie should be let go.
I agree and certainly didn't mean to imply either should go. Given the choice, if one HAD to go, then I'd pick Omar. BUT, I'd like to see them both stay. Remembering the Steve Phillips days, I'll take Omar any day of the week over him.

Oh and on the Henderson thing, you're right there as well. Jose Reyes definitely declined since Ricky came on. Could be a coincidence but his numbers went down across the board.

Yeah, there was a whole lot that contributed to this "Historic Collapse" (if I hear that one more time I just may choke someone!).

Go Blue!

JohnS_323 said:
chase33 said:
I don't believe Omar or Willie should be let go.
Remembering the Steve Phillips days, I'll take Omar any day of the week over him.

yeah - I have to see that mug every so often on espn...blah! What about the wonder-kund jim duquette and his trade of kaz for zambrano?