• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Reefapalooza

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Very jealous. Can't wait to see all the pics of your new acquisitions. Doug set up his one brother coming over today and spending the night and then meeting up with his other brother and sister-in-law tomorrow. Hmmm..... Coincidence, I think not.

Was it worth going to? I have been on the fence...not sure the expense of getting there is going to be worth it...especially after stories from last year of 'meh, i could have dont better in an online sale'

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I don’t think it was worth it. You had like 7 booths just selling rocks from different vendors. You didn’t have not one salt vendor or sponsor. Nobody had any new stuff. They didn’t even have a t-shirt in the reef a polooza bag. They had less vendor than last year and last yeah sucked.

I left right after lunch. I did pick up some battery back up system for my tank.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Gone are the days where you can get frags for like $20. I don't know if it was just me, but damn did these prices go up !! First time ever I left with only 4 frags!! Nice to catch up with Amado, juan, Dave (coral garage), Eric (Bandito), and also got to take a pic with Mr Sandler himself. I'm sure yall know who he is. But I too think this may be my last RAP. I'm just gonna buy from members and our sponsors.

P.s.
The guy below is a company based out of the Philippines. It's called artreefrocks. I bought a small rock scape and he gave me a bunch of free stuff hahaha!!

Attachments

• 20230624_113153.jpg
    20230624_113153.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 19
  • 20230624_134654.jpg
    20230624_134654.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Someone offered a 500 milli. I walked away. Smh

Bandito Aquatics

NJRC Member
Hey guys, wonderful to see everyone today, especially you, @DEL and @erics210. I don’t know about not being able to get Frags for $20, but I will say that the one tank we had had deals of five frags for $100. With a pretty good selection of corals as well as rock flowers. As far as booths go, the entire show is sold out. As far as T-shirts in the welcome bags go, times are changing and the economy is rough, so I guess nobody gets a shirt.

Now as for Sunday…You all know that most of the vendors who are not local are not going to want to cart all their corals back home, so they’re willing to make a deal, and I’m sure I’m bound to see most of you bargain hunters tomorrow. It would make no sense to do it online because you’re not going to pay for shipping because you’re going to get them direct same-day and take them home and acclimate them.

If this is the so-called “last Rap”, why not come by? I hope to see you all there tomorrow!! Be sure to stop by the booth for stickers, some sick deals, and let’s take a pic to share on the forum.

Reactions: DEL
Gone are the days where you can get frags for like $20. I don't know if it was just me, but damn did these prices go up !! First time ever I left with only 4 frags!! Nice to catch up with Amado, juan, Dave (coral garage), and also got to take a pic with Mr Sandler himself. I'm sure yall know who he is. But I too think this may be my last RAP. I'm just gonna buy from members and our sponsors.

P.s.
The guy below is a company based out of the Philippines. It's called artreefrocks. I bought a small rock scape and he gave me a bunch of free stuff hahaha!!
It was so nice to see you too @DEL and other fellows, I couldn’t make it to RAP the past 3 years so last night I decided to go today, what a big disappointment. I was there for about 2 hours and headed back home.
Like other mentioned not a lot of vendors, no enough new stuff but the classic corals, too many Rock Scaping vendors and too expensive prices.
I only got 3 frags 1 from Matt @Kirk Frey and 2 from my buddy Anthony @jersey Corals.

Honestly not sure if I ever go to RAP again.

Last edited:

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Hey guys, wonderful to see everyone today, especially you, @DEL and @erics210. I don’t know about not being able to get Frags for $20, but I will say that the one tank we had had deals of five frags for $100. With a pretty good selection of corals as well as rock flowers. As far as booths go, the entire show is sold out. As far as T-shirts in the welcome bags go, times are changing and the economy is rough, so I guess nobody gets a shirt.

Now as for Sunday…You all know that most of the vendors who are not local are not going to want to cart all their corals back home, so they’re willing to make a deal, and I’m sure I’m bound to see most of you bargain hunters tomorrow. It would make no sense to do it online because you’re not going to pay for shipping because you’re going to get them direct same-day and take them home and acclimate them.

If this is the so-called “last Rap”, why not come by? I hope to see you all there tomorrow!! Be sure to stop by the booth for stickers, some sick deals, and let’s take a pic to share on the forum.
Hahaha true !! I did get a nice goni for $25!! For all yall going tomorrow. Go check out Mr Bandito at the trashpanda booth!! They definitely had some nice cheap frags. I told him all I'm buying are acros, yet I got a goni from him hahaha. We forgot to take a pic bro!!

Bandito Aquatics

NJRC Member
Hahaha true !! I did get a nice goni for $25!! For all yall going tomorrow. Go check out Mr Bandito at the trashpanda booth!! They definitely had some nice cheap frags. I told him all I'm buying are acros, yet I got a goni from him hahaha. We forgot to take a pic bro!!
All good man next time for sure. We take pic first then coral's. Lol yea we had some sick gonies tomorrow the deals will be flowing for sure. Thank you for passing by I always appreciate our conversations

mrehfeld

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Well that's most interesting. The name and address associated with that booth is

PALESTIS, CHRISTINE
4711 ASCHOFF PL
NORTH BERGEN, NJ, 07047

Maybe a cease and desist is in order. Either that or Edwin can show up and request his sponsor badges. :oo:;)

Attachments

• 1687661605351.png
    1687661605351.png
    302.9 KB · Views: 18

NanoJoe

NJRC Member
I went today with a good friend of mine.
It was fun for the most part. Prices were no different than online prices, there were exceptions for some vendors from what i saw. I know these vendors are in a tough market competeting with one another. Its also not cheap to travel anymore especially with live stock. So, with all that in my head it didnt bother me too much, i would like to see a little better pricing for shows like this... My first RAPNY was 2017 and that year was a BLAST. Place was packed from wall to wall with vendors and we even had some freshwater stuff mixed in which i thought was really cool. The past 2 - 3 years have been lacking IMO.
I don't want to sound like a debbie downer as i am very appreciative we have the opportunity to attend one right in our home state. It's a great way to see old friends in the hobby who are still around and active.