• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Reefapalooza

Bandito Aquatics

NJRC Member
Day two in the books wonderful seeing everyone. @mnat always a pleasure to see you hope the flowers are doing well @ecam it was good to here that you were asking how to get the club back at the show good to see that there is still interest in being part of Rap can’t wait to see everyone at the next meet

NanoJoe

NJRC Member
The rubber duck and skee ball was a great idea. I did do a $20 rubber duck tank. I got a "1" so those were the cheap frags. I picked out a green bay packers zoa with like 6 heads.
I thought that was clever and fun.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Oh man, just settling back in at home and putting the corals in. We had an absolute wonderful time today. I don't know if the two days were radically different but we did not experience a lot of what people were talking about from yesterday. First off, RAP is not going anywhere, they had more vendors this year (according to the employees of rap I spoke to), they had 3000 people move through on Saturday and the one thing I heard from everyone was it was packed on Saturday. Sunday is always a bit lighter but I think they estimated probably close to 2000, they did not have the final count in. Most vendors I spoke to had a great show, there will always be exceptions but for the most part it seemed vendors had a great time, for example, reef nutrition sold out all their food the first day, julian sprung said he had an amazing show, premium aquatics barely had any rock left at the end, and even Dr. Mac who will be brutally honest when a show is not going well was very positive on the year. So if you missed this year, trust me they will be back next year.

Frags: You could get anything you wanted at just about any price point, I personally counted at least 15 booths with 20$ frags and some with even 10-15 dollar frags. Yes were there some extremely high priced corals, of course that is what frag shows are for. We got sticks, rock anems, acans, gsp, ricordia, and mushrooms, again you could find just about anything. It does seem that everyone is loaded with euphilia as when coral collection closed during covid, the prices shot up so people bought a ton and now every vendor has some. But again prices went from 50-1000 depending on what you wanted to get.

Fish: Man this was one of the best years for fish in a long time. Sea dwelling sold all their fish to a vendor who was selling them at the show for half price. We got an earls wrasse, some bimacs and a scotts fairy wrasse for 50% off. The guy who got the black tang was the steal of the show. NY aquatics had great fish and there was plenty of clowns and other fish around.

Dry Goods: We got a great price on a nero 7 pump, got a great little double cave rock structure, plenty of glue and mortar to secure everything and saw some cool stuff. They had the new AI blades there if you are into that, a lot of controllers (which goes over my head) and just about everything was on sale or show specials. Most of the stuff is MAP priced so any discounts are good. There were a lot of rock vendors but I think that good as just about everyone uses live rock and they were all a bit different. The structures and flat pieces were pretty amazing.

One of the best things about swaps was seeing familiar faces and catching up which we really enjoyed. Will post some pictures when things settle in, we are tired. If you are on the fence, make sure you go next year, it beats traveling hours or flying to go to other shows.

Bandito Aquatics

NJRC Member
Shoutout to @Rueric for this awesome trade today. 5C1A28EF-9F28-4B37-B83D-68ACE38A9DBF.jpegAlso grabbed me this odd discosoma 8CC523A3-D121-40C0-B33D-EE3BDA7D8A8F.jpeg
A small frag of this spicy looking favia 3FB301BD-9F01-4B56-BC85-D65B51CCB8C1.jpeg
As well well as got blessed after having a riveting conversation with Lou from tropic Marin going to experiment with my nano tank with the salts. C1FB92C6-CFE6-4F81-B60E-9A83092135DC.jpeg
Can’t wait to show you the results also had a fellow reefer gift me a small branch of some of that Aussie live rock for the nano. We got to talking as all reefers do and he said he had bought too much to travel back with so he said just take an ugly branch lol.

I got a frag of vivid badfish tenuis off of Jason Fox. Very cool multi colored polyp piece. And I'm trying one of those nps gorgonians I saw a bunch of vendors selling. Some art from the art lady, a bunch of food at reef nutrition and misc frag racks, glue etc. Will definitely go back next year.

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
So great news,the purple tile from mike at NYAquatic is a pig,and demolishes mysis like crazy. These fish are well known not to eat but as always his fish don't disappoint me...

Rueric

NJRC Member
Shoutout to @Rueric for this awesome trade today. View attachment 51221Also grabbed me this odd discosoma View attachment 51222
A small frag of this spicy looking favia View attachment 51223
As well well as got blessed after having a riveting conversation with Lou from tropic Marin going to experiment with my nano tank with the salts. View attachment 51224
Can’t wait to show you the results also had a fellow reefer gift me a small branch of some of that Aussie live rock for the nano. We got to talking as all reefers do and he said he had bought too much to travel back with so he said just take an ugly branch lol.
Thank you too for the trade!

Subliminal

NJRC Member
Question: Anyone have a vendor list or know who the guy was?

I talked to a guy from Florida who was a wholesaler/coral farmer. He was towards the back right corner. Trying to figure out who he was, I'd like to reach out to him.

Thanks!

Question: Anyone have a vendor list or know who the guy was?

I talked to a guy from Florida who was a wholesaler/coral farmer. He was towards the back right corner. Trying to figure out who he was, I'd like to reach out to him.

Thanks!
can probably check the map on the RAP site it shows you all the vendors names and where they were located.