• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Rehypes 39 Gallon Signature

So heres my 34 gallon some of you remember.
tank054.jpg

tank060.jpg

Since i finally moved I decided to do another. I wanted to do this one bigger and better as well as a couple of surprises.So i ordered a 39 gallon from my buddy eddie over at cadlights. So i wait a few days and finally my tank arrives. But to my horror ups did this my tank <_< :angry: :( :eek: :eek:

cadlightdestroyed0003.jpg

cadlightdestroyed0004.jpg

Needless to say i was really pissed but eddie told me not to worry about it he would send another tank. But i thought about it and decided it wasnt worth the risk of ups destroying another perfectly good tank. So i decided to go to Brooklyn and pick the tank up myself. I got a chance to finally meet eddie in person( great guy btw) and picked up my tank(he even helped me get it into my car) hows that for customer service!! And to top it all off eddie refunded me the shipping charges on the tank. So now you have a pretty good idea how awesome cadlight service is.Please dont hesistate to buy a tank from eddie...hes really one of a kind.

So im just about ready to set my tank up but on my way to work i get hit by a tractor trailer(see pics) and separate my shoulder pretty badly.
accident0001.jpg

accident0005.jpg

So a few weeks go by and i just cant take it and even though it hurts like heck i managed to get my tank together. So enough talking heres the tank this time I decided to go with leds i got a really good deal from a fellow reefer. I actually just finished aquascaping and will post pics once the water clears
IMG_3018.jpg

IMG_3003.jpg

oh my good god!!!! damn!!! im so sorry to see such things!!! i hope you are ok in the long run besides the shouolder! the tank sucks too, but you are more vip than a peice of glass!! whered that happen?? i wanna say 295?? o, well hope all works out for you, and you make a good recovery! and i also wish you the best of luck with the new tank!

mark

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wow! When I was reading along, I thought you were going to tell us that the accident happened on the way home with the tank in the car. Sorry you had a wicked wreck, but at least it was after you got the tank home safe and sound.

Speedy recoveries to you and looking forward to see how you set this tank up.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I also thought that it happened with the tank in the car (now that would be some bad luck)... By the looks of that car you're lucky that you're alive! Glad you just have a hurt shoulder in the grand scheme of things.

Good luck with the tank from here!

I had the same thought about the tank, hope you heal up fast, sure looks nasty.

Tell us more about the lights please. :).

Tanks and any delivery company don't mix that is for sure...I learned the hard way with my sump.

I remember your tank was really sweet looking forward to the new build.

Thanks alot Phyl and JR.The leds are Aquaillumination 24" 2X90Watt modular light system. Each module has 24 leds in a 3 pod configuration(2 whites and 1 blue) Ill be posting pics shortly the water finally started to clear up.

So i finally finished aquascaping.It came out the way i wanted so im pretty happy about that. I was playing around with the leds. First pic is with all of the leds on at 100% The second is with just the blue leds at 100% and the last pic is one module with all leds on and the second module with just blue leds

cadlight0002.jpg

cadlight0001.jpg

cadlight0003.jpg

catching up on my reading. That is one badly shipped tank. UPS shipped my skimmer from NaCL-H20 and the bottom piece was busted...a "pressure" crack (basically they stacked something a lot heavier on top.

Anyways - what a mess of a car - looks like it was a well cared for scion but not anymore. Hope the insurance is taking care of it. 287 has a lot of 18 wheelers and they annoy the heck out of me when I merge in.

the tank looks great. I still miss the zero edge but I guess you had good reason to rid yourself of it.

The leds look nice too. I've got the old solaris - it works but I'm just waiting for it to crap out and then i'll have to buy new lights.

Yep unfortunately the car was totaled so i have to start from scratch. Well i certainly dont miss the zeroedge.That Tank was more of a headache than it was worth. It was nice to look at when it was clean but that was about it. It kind of funny that the few ppl that ive talked to that have owned a zeroedge no longer have it..I guess its just one of those things that once the novelty wears off your stuck with a tank you dont really care for.Anyhow that stinks about pfo going under since theres no way to have their units serviced anymore your pretty much forced to buy a new fixture if you have any issues.

Nice to see you get back into the hobby. I really like the aquascape and nice fixture. Now you wont have to worry about temperature fluctuations from a MH.

CONSTANTNE said:
Nice to see you get back into the hobby. I really like the aquascape and nice fixture. Now you wont have to worry about temperature fluctuations from a MH.

Thanks alot gus. Your definitely right about that the leds transfer no heat to the tank Which is pretty awesome. Im debating if i should sell my chiller(jk i need it for peace of mind)

So i finally got around to hanging the leds. I bought a sulight hanging kit and personally think its the best. It sooo easy to adjust the height when you need to mess around inside the tank.So heres some pics with the lights on and off

cad0001.jpg

cad0002.jpg

So my GHl profilux controller came in yesterday along with my doser. I got a wickedly good deal on the entire package which includes the

profilux.jpg

Profilux II Plus Controller
6 Outlet powerbar
Temp probe
PH probe
3 pump dosing unit

One of the best things about the profilux controller is the ability to utilize the full potential of my aquaillumination led sytem. The standard controller that comes with the led system is very limited.But with the profilux you get to unleash its true potential. Imagine having clouds pass over your reef. What about the occasional rainy days, and lightning storms? You can have it with a Profilux. You also earn the ability to set multiple lighting periods throughout the photoperiod. A major drawback that other lighting systems (and the AI with a standard controller) have is that you can set sunrise and sunset, but the rest of the day your lights shine at 100%. In nature, the light intensity changes throughout the day. My reef gets a nice sunrise, then from sunrise to noon, the lights increase to maximum intensity. Then, just like in nature, the light intensity gradually decreases until sunset. So does my reef. And, with cloud probability, storms, and rainy days. . . everyday is different!