• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Rehypes 39 Gallon Signature

Nice one dude. Just make sure that you have an exit strategy once this thing starts to go grow. Apparently they can go up to 18".

Most of the owner-posts that I was reading on the Net said that theirs came out when the LEDs were on (may be the eel was doesnt like the heat, but does OK with light ? ). You might have gotten a good combination with the LEDs and the eel.

jerzsky said:
WOW! great job! looks fantastic so far!! the only flow you have is the return and the vortech? hows the vortech workin for ya?? im thinking of getting one to get rid of my k1's. again good job!

Thanks alot. The return pump is 700gph and the vortech is an mp20. I absolutely love the vortech the flow patterns it creates are pretty amazing.I recommend them with no reservations because they are totally worth the investment.

gogol said:
Nice one dude. Just make sure that you have an exit strategy once this thing starts to go grow. Apparently they can go up to 18".

Most of the owner-posts that I was reading on the Net said that theirs came out when the LEDs were on (may be the eel was doesnt like the heat, but does OK with light ? ). You might have gotten a good combination with the LEDs and the eel.

Thanks man. I talked to a few reefers who have had theirs for a few years and they said they pretty much max out around 12" Mine comes out whenever i feed the tank. But he wont actively swim in the water column.At least i havent witnessed yet. Even with the leds on.But i guess we'll see..

Well i finally saw him swimming out in the open. Once the lights were out around 2 in the morning he was swimming all over the place. Very cool to watch since the most i typically see of him is his head :)

Just some random pics..

3875533186_3272fcc858.jpg

3874743461_7229118a4c.jpg

3874742461_64c7b551f7.jpg

3875530946_4062bf035d.jpg

3874766797_2d51518636.jpg

come to think of it - if I lived closer - i'd probably pay you to take pics of my tank lol! seriously if we had a tank of the month - someone should pay you to just drive to different homes and take pics of their tanks!

But why do we not have the Tank of the month??? ... Instead of just a panel of judges we could have mix of rotating panel of senior reefers who look at the give a critical opinion (that does have weight) and some randomly selected members who give their non-technical opinion about what they liked about the setup (ie. I liked the mix of colours, the fishes that I saw, ease of maintainance, or low cost of operations)

It will be Judge Judy meets American Idol and we could call it "New Jersey has Talent" :D :D :D :D. Seriously though it would make things really educative and interesting. We could atleast have a club organised poll to eke out interest regarding the matter.

Hawkeye said:
come to think of it - if I lived closer - i'd probably pay you to take pics of my tank lol! seriously if we had a tank of the month - someone should pay you to just drive to different homes and take pics of their tanks!

Awww shucks thanks alot phil :-[ I dont think my pics are that good. Well if you ever needed some pics taken of your tank id gladly do it for ya. Maybe you could pay with a frag or two ;D

gogol said:
But why do we not have the Tank of the month??? ... Instead of just a panel of judges we could have mix of rotating panel of senior reefers who look at the give a critical opinion (that does have weight) and some randomly selected members who give their non-technical opinion about what they liked about the setup (ie. I liked the mix of colours, the fishes that I saw, ease of maintainance, or low cost of operations)

It will be Judge Judy meets American Idol and we could call it "New Jersey has Talent" :D :D :D :D. Seriously though it would make things really educative and interesting. We could atleast have a club organised poll to eke out interest regarding the matter.

Sounds like a great idea to me..Theres some really fantastic tanks on this site..

Well i finally got my nanoskimmer from Euro-reef. This was the new two pump version for the cadlight 39 gallon Signature. I had to wait quite a while(over 2 months) for them to get the kinks worked out of this model. But im pretty excited because the new design is awesome. The pumps are placed differently than skimmer designed for the pro edition, the skimmer pump is larger and they have a new material for the mesh wheel. It produces a huge amount of really small bubbles so ill be sure to write up a review once its broken in.

euroreefskimmer0001.jpg

euroreefskimmer0002.jpg

So i finally got around to ordering the tanks to complete my dosing setup. The only thing left is for my Balling chemicals to come in.Im glad i stuck with the signature setup since i was able to use the cabinet space for the additional tanks.

dosingsystem1.jpg

That just looks flat out sexy there Eugene!

Please let me know how you like the skimmer. Still searching for something better than the 9002 in my RSM.
Thanks buddy!

8)

Thanks alot Buddy :) Im going to write an in depth review this weekend as a few people have asked how its performed.