• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Rehypes 39 Gallon Signature

Whoops i fiked the link
http://vimeo.com/5905731

I also added a quick vid which demos the lightning effect created by the ghl controller

Thanks. So quick update i had to reaquascape the tank because of the allens damsel. Last weekend he decided to go psychotic and kill my helfrich firefish. So i decided to take him out of the tank. Now anyone whos dealt with a problem damsel knows they are pretty smart and very difficult to catch. So i basically had to remove all of the rock to catch him which forced an impromptu aquascape. I plan to change it once more but ill leave it as is for a month or so. So lesson learned....never buy a damsel(regardless of the species) they turn into jerks eventually

Heres the new scape

rescape2.jpg

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sorry bout losing the firefish. He was a good looking fish too. :'(

The new aquascape doesn't look half bad except for a couple pieces that look like they are close to the glass at the bottom and that "tree branch" piece on the right. This could make it a bit difficult cleaning the glass in those areas. I know you said it's temporary, but keep that in mind when you re-do it.

Also, the rock is toppled pretty high, did you secure them all so they won't roll off and potentially break the glass? I've seen the vid with BJ burrowing, so if he decides to start digging in a bad spot you could have a problem. Just keep an eye on it. I forget, did you put eggcrate down first too?

Doesnt the egggrating the bottom result in what is called a Plenum system ? There are iffy reports about its effectiveness. Are there any other reasons to eggcrate the bottom ?

Will make a note never to buy any damsels.

TanksNStuff said:
Sorry bout losing the firefish. He was a good looking fish too. :'(

The new aquascape doesn't look half bad except for a couple pieces that look like they are close to the glass at the bottom and that "tree branch" piece on the right. This could make it a bit difficult cleaning the glass in those areas. I know you said it's temporary, but keep that in mind when you re-do it.

Also, the rock is toppled pretty high, did you secure them all so they won't roll off and potentially break the glass? I've seen the vid with BJ burrowing, so if he decides to start digging in a bad spot you could have a problem. Just keep an eye on it. I forget, did you put eggcrate down first too?

Thanks for the feedback. Yep everything is pretty secure the jawfish has pretty much burrowed under the entire structure with no negative results. So it should be fine for now. No eggcrate as i havent found any advantages of using it on previous setups. But i should be chnaging the whole aquascape within the next month or so

Just read about that loss - I'm sorry to hear that. I thought you were able to sell it as I saw the FS ad.

Will you be replacing it with a new helfrechi now that the damsel is gone?

I was trying to sell him to get him away from the damsel. But he didnt survive the quarantine :-[ Ill definitely get another in the near future. But in the meantime i got something waaaaayy cooler. Ill post vids of him a little later.At least theres no damsel to bother him

waaaay cooler? This i have to see.

btw - what's the music in the last vid? My wife and I find it familiar but we couldn't quite place it.

Id imagine so..But mine has a cave that hes really fond of and if he feels threatened he goes for the cave.I do have a canopy in place just in case.

WOW! great job! looks fantastic so far!! the only flow you have is the return and the vortech? hows the vortech workin for ya?? im thinking of getting one to get rid of my k1's. again good job!