• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Scammer on NJREEFERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

erics210

NJRC Member
I have soooo much **** laying around here, I can't keep track. If you are working with one tank, one heater, one pump, one skimmer....probably easy.
Because of this I also have inadvertently listed items slightly incorrect.
It happens.
But YOU as the buyer, should have asked to plug in the pump. Just for a moment to see it spin. When you drive 2 hours, and have a chance to inspect in person, why not plug it in?

As a seller I HATE PayPal's protection. Soooo misused.

I once was selling a snowblower for $400 on eBay. Drove up from central NJ, inspected and fiddled with it for over an hour. It ran, but being older needed some carb cleaning. He already won the auction, but offered $350. I said OK.
A week later he files a claim that it wasn't as described and PayPal awards him a refund.
Basically stole my snow blower! And cost me fees and time

I suggest disassembly of the pump and cleaning. If you have a broken propeller, let me know.

But if anything I would suggest a small refund for the misleading size, even though you had the chance to inspect on pickup. I would NOT offer a full refund. Maybe the pump was switched out for a bad pump. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.