• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Show me pics of your SPS!

Classklown90, I should have commented on your pics to sorry, your pics look really great but I'm kinda use to seeing great sps shots from you, I wish I could get that great color and polyp extention from mine, they have gotten a little bland over the last month and was wondering if its the LEDs which have been on the tank for about two months now. If I remember right you are running t5's. I know John is he is the t5 spokes man.

Haha np thank you very much but no im running leds also and just the chinese ones with white and blue. Id like to uograde in the fall to a full spectrum led tho idk which yet

Sent from my galaxy s4

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Wow we need to talk more then. Your corals look great. Do you find the shadows to cause color differences one side of the coral to the other.

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Yup, I have a slimer sitting a little shy of vertical and off to one side of my rocks and the light doesn't hit the one Side as much as the other and there is a real noticible difference in color. It's not like its horizontal that I could understand, it's just a little off vertical. But there is a decent shadow on that side. Do you have situations like that.

Yup, I have a slimer sitting a little shy of vertical and off to one side of my rocks and the light doesn't hit the one Side as much as the other and there is a real noticible difference in color. It's not like its horizontal that I could understand, it's just a little off vertical. But there is a decent shadow on that side. Do you have situations like that.

Yes and I hate it. Thats why.people say sps.should be viewed top down. This is a problem with all lights tho, I believe its a bit worse with led tho

Sent from my galaxy s4

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Ok so It's a common issue, I don't feel so bad then. Unfortunately viewing from the top down is not an option. Is there any supplements I should look into to help color? A couple guys have said that my water might be too clean, should I feed a little heavier and not worry so much if my prams go off a little bit. If so with what?

Ok so It's a common issue, I don't feel so bad then. Unfortunately viewing from the top down is not an option. Is there any supplements I should look into to help color? A couple guys have said that my water might be too clean, should I feed a little heavier and not worry so much if my prams go off a little bit. If so with what?

One thing I have learned is that what works for.one.tank might not work for the next. I feed very lightly but I keep minimal trsces of phosphates in my water as I do.believe.they need something. I also dose elos amino acids daily. Idk if it has helped but I do it lol. No other additives for me

Sent from my galaxy s4

Amen to that. For the life of my i can not keep Birdnest but i have a larger amount of high end SPS that are growing like crazy. Go figure!!!!!! because i love the look of a Ponape Birdnest

rube3usy.jpg
5ynyqysu.jpg

Sent from my galaxy s4

null_zps903a46b4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Heaven & Hell

I will try and get a better picture. I just quick snapped this with my phone.

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Thanks Jim, that frog skin from you is still one of my favorites, colors are really picking up since I started using reef energy A + B and coral amino, ill post a couple more pics later of some others.