• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sobo's Fluval Evo

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Personally I drip acclimate my fish, using some tubang and a ball valve...slow n steady drip for at least 1hr for me, inverts too except snails..
Corals I just float

Personally I drip acclimate my fish, using some tubang and a ball valve...slow n steady drip for at least 1hr for me, inverts too except snails..
Corals I just float

I've already had them acclimating for an hour and the salinity had only risen by .001 and I had a steady drip going. I emptied some of water out of the bucket and retested and it's gone up by .002 now. Think I should just let it ride?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here they are... Pair of Chilled Frostbite clowns
d40f7ddfe20bb488a8e76f6dd98bf034.jpg
f2860da1138f1e31162dd17f77a2dbeb.jpg
395b11c511c5cced81fa5966320ebb91.jpg
they've been in the tank for about 20mins or so and they seem incredibly shy. They're both just chillin in the corner as you can see from the picture. They're so close to the surface it looks like I have 3 of them lol

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
nice looking pair. They will be shy at first but soon will be out. Once they find their 'home' they will hang out there more than anything. I'm lucky my current Flurry decided to make the front center of my 36 his home so he is always out front.

nice looking pair. They will be shy at first but soon will be out. Once they find their 'home' they will hang out there more than anything. I'm lucky my current Flurry decided to make the front center of my 36 his home so he is always out front.

Thanks! Ya know, after picking them up I thought they were flurries but I googled both and they're def chilled frostbites... smaller differences between the 2. They seem to be a lil more adventurous now. Seems like the current is too much for them. Is that a possibility?

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Looking good!
Are you dosing manually or relying on water changes for the SPS?
Curious as since I broke down the big tanks, and moved to nanos (25g and less), I've been softie only, though I have the lighting to support SPS.

Looking good!
Are you dosing manually or relying on water changes for the SPS?
Curious as since I broke down the big tanks, and moved to nanos (25g and less), I've been softie only, though I have the lighting to support SPS.

Relying on water changes as of now so we'll see how it goes. The application I have uploaded into light is supposedly a very good SPS grower according to a guy on R2R

Umm so like what are my Snails doing?? It looks like they're eating each other or possibly mating?? They've been in this position for a little bit and before that, the one was riding its back lol
adfa23f69462ca1539ce8eaeb3e1714e.jpg

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
OK, saw one of these tanks and got an amazing deal with a price match. Sitting on my desk now, set up as a frag tank for zoas
I cut a media basket to fit the overflow in the first chamber, have a cheato fuge in the top section of the second chamber, some ceramic media in the bottom of the second chamber, and the heater/return/future ATO in the third chamber.
Nice tank, great size for frags, but MAN, this light puts out some MAJOR heat.

OK, saw one of these tanks and got an amazing deal with a price match. Sitting on my desk now, set up as a frag tank for zoas
I cut a media basket to fit the overflow in the first chamber, have a cheato fuge in the top section of the second chamber, some ceramic media in the bottom of the second chamber, and the heater/return/future ATO in the third chamber.
Nice tank, great size for frags, but MAN, this light puts out some MAJOR heat.

Haha that's one of the reasons I got rid of it and went with the AI Prime.