• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sobo's Fluval Evo

I just started thinking that I wouldn't be able to do an ATO bc the Lifter pump is only rated for like 30" and I feel like that'd be too far away from the top of the tank from where I'll be keeping extra water... obviously with this being said I will not be doing any type of sump underneath. Anyone have an recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Osmolator Nano 3152 Auto Top Off - Tunze

I use a Tunze probably goes 4.5 feet floor to top of tank

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Yikes, $100 for a top off??? I'm used to getting a used Jbj ATO and a lifter for less than $50 lol maybe I should just create a thread of equipment I'll need to see if anyone has anything worth buying

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Yea me too....

How high are you looking to pump water? What about something above the tank that can be gravity fed with a float switch?

Yea me too....

How high are you looking to pump water? What about something above the tank that can be gravity fed with a float switch?

To be honest I don't know... I haven't even gotten a stand for it yet and I'm having trouble figuring out what to do for that. If I had more room I'd consider a gravity fed line but I don't think that'll work

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Well....and this is just me thinking. If you ran a sump, it could gravity feed into the sump with a float valve. I'm thinking something like a 5gal bucket on the same level as the tank....draining into your sump.

Aside from that, the cheapest ato would be a jbj. You could blast out on the forums (all) to see if anybody has 1 for sale

I have a very simple diy ATO I made I have used it on two setups so far and have had no issues. It includes a 2gal paint bucket with lid, a toms aqualifter pump, some air line tube, an indoor extension cord, a float switch that you can get on Amazon for 6 bucks and a piece of plexi glass.. I will try and get some pics and find the guide that I used

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I made something like that for my back chamber,but with only one switch, I then spliced that into one wire of the extension cord and rest is plug and play.. you plug the aqualifter into the extension cord and when the water level drops it turns on and fills up
bc915717219d30464e49226423720c7c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have a question. I dont know if its me or not. But my skimmer cup is letting water leak out the bottom. Its going back in the tank. But i just got it today. Its a very simple setup. But i cant pit the cup in any tighter. Is that okay or is it not going to work right...fluval mini ps2. I researched but cant find any answers

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I have a question. I dont know if its me or not. But my skimmer cup is letting water leak out the bottom. Its going back in the tank. But i just got it today. Its a very simple setup. But i cant pit the cup in any tighter. Is that okay or is it not going to work right...fluval mini ps2. I researched but cant find any answers

Without seeing what your talking about it sounds like the 'water' leaking from the cup is the skimmate right? If that is the case then that is not good. I have read skimmate can crash a tank. If it water from the skimmer and not skimmate then you be ok but I would follow @trio91 suggestion of tape or because its a new skimmer I would return it and see about getting a new one if the cup is cracked.

It doesnt seem like anything else is wrong with it. But heres a pictute

Attachments

• 20170412_084041.jpg
    20170412_084041.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • 20170412_084109.jpg
    20170412_084109.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
I've been thinking about which way I want to set up the tank. Have it the peninsula way or have it going long ways against a wall. This will also determine what kind of stand I get as well... hmmmmmm