• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sobo's Fluval Evo

I like the idea of a zoa garden..but i love the zoa trees that ive seen online. I might try that in a few months. Great tank! Did you keep the same lighting that came with the evo?
2efbc4a0920bb5868a013a38fc3c8dc3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I think I got my skimmer hooked up the way I need it.. I just gotta ream out the hole on top of the collector lid bc it's too small for the dial to fit in to. Other than that it's looking nice.

Also just ordered a Finnex 50w titanium controllable heater, nano glass cleaner and a Belkin Power strip. Safe to say everything is coming along nice and slow as planned.

I got in touch with a buddy of mine from another group about making me a custom stand for this tank because nobody sells one so that I can have it as the peninsula style it was intended to be. Probably be a few weeks for that because he's a little backed up making other stands/canopies for people but I'm in no rush. But as soon as I get the stand here and everything set up, it's cycle time.

Still waiting to see about getting some testing kits but not worried about that as of right now as it seems I'll have a few weeks to work with.

For everyone that has this tank, do you have an additional powerhead(s) in the tank? I keep reading that the stock return pump isn't that great?

This may be a stupid question but I'm tryna figure out where I really wanna put this tank when I get a stand for it. Putting it in front of any kind of vent with obviously be a bad idea right? I had the perfect spot for it but then released there's a big vent on the wall

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
In take vent or out vent? I would suggest staying away from vents the best you can. In take vents will be pulling air to them which might mean more dust moving in the direction of your tank. An out vent the air should be filter but you never know so there could be junk coming out of the vents. Plus either it be warm/hot air or cool/cold air coming out blowing on your tank and messing with the temp of your system.

In take vent or out vent? I would suggest staying away from vents the best you can. In take vents will be pulling air to them which might mean more dust moving in the direction of your tank. An out vent the air should be filter but you never know so there could be junk coming out of the vents. Plus either it be warm/hot air or cool/cold air coming out blowing on your tank and messing with the temp of your system.

+1

That's what I kinda figured. Thanks guys! Stinks bc the spot I want it would be right next to my couch but the outtake vent is near the floor so itd be blowing on my stand the whole time

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
not sure how it will affect anything but could you 'close' the vent? I know in my apartment each of my vents had a switch to close/open them and maybe that could work for you? Not sure if you have other vents in the room nor how it will affect your HVAC system.

Hahaha it's a bigger vent, don't think I would like to close it since it already gets hot in my condo being on the 2nd floor. I'm not sure if they even make deflectors big enough for this vent. I'll have to browse around

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That looks like an intake to me.....that also has an air filter behind it....and the front louvers look dirty to me. I'd begin by popping that off and put in a new filter and wash that grate. It's also low velocity intake and you should be able to put furniture within, maybe three inches away, without issue.